Dynatrac progrips replacement pads

I upgraded to Dynatrac Progrips... love the brake system!

Now its time to replace pads...

Dynatrac says we can use any standard pad and we do not have to use their replacement pads.

What pads have you all used when replacing the pads?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve always used the Progrip pads, they always stopped me well and never squeaked.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I used the Dynatrac pads as well. In a pinch stock pads would work but for the cost difference I didn't think it was worth using the cheaper ones.

Jkratt

I always use their pads. I am happy they made the system so that you could use factory pads if necessary.

jeeeep

Hooked
After the Dyna brake pads wore out, I switched to Wagner OEx - great stopping power, very little to no dust and excellent wear life.

2010 JKU, PR44 front, Cooper 13.50x37 on KMC machete beadlocks plus extra weight of bumper, winch etc... pull 5x8 trailer in the summer; still have excellent stopping power :thumb:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another vote for dynatrac replacement pads. I tried googling every number that was stamped on their pads and came up with nothing so I just order theirs.

I think the progrip brakes as a whole are great. But god damn the pads are the messiest, dusty bastards I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. Anyone else have similar experience? I’m not talking a little dirty either. My front wheels turn black and get caked with brake dust.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I think the progrip brakes as a whole are great. But god damn the pads are the messiest, dusty bastards I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. Anyone else have similar experience? I’m not talking a little dirty either. My front wheels turn black and get caked with brake dust.

Zero visible dust with ATX chamber pro and now with Method's. Flat black wheels probably help.

Ddays

Hooked

I can't say that mine were as bad as yours, but yeah, they do make a good amount of dust

wjtstudios

Hooked

I agree with that for sure! I could never leave mine long enough to get caked, but they wound discolor the wheel if I didn’t wash the Jeep every week our two.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Don't you have to actually drive your Jeep for that to happen?

benatc1

Hooked
I loved em too, but I would agree mine were pretty dusty

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks all the feedback... I'll just order up dynatrac's replacement pads. for the price difference its not worth the unknown of a oem type pad.

the pads are a little dusty but doesn't seem to be much of an issue if i wash the jeep about every two weeks.

i've had the big brake system on for about 2 years... honestly i didn't log the starting miles. its my daily driver between that and my motorcycle. i probably drive the jeep about 10k to 12k miles annually.

my rear brakes just got to the squeal indicator... figured i'll order front and rear pads and check them all at the same time.

14ACES

I used the progrip pads. I have only replaces the rear set. The front set had hardly any wear on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked

That's why I switched to the Wagner, no dust, same stopping power

jeeeep

Hooked
Another vote for dynatrac replacement pads. I tried googling every number that was stamped on their pads and came up with nothing so I just order theirs.

I think they are EBC branded for Dynatrac, you won't find them anywhere else.

Top Bottom