Evo skin touch up

desertrunner

What are you guys using to strip the PC off Evo skins to re paint? Mine are in need for some new paint and my rear fascia could use some too. Ive had some bad luck with Evo parts shipped powder coated. 20200518_131700.jpg 20200518_131717.jpg 20200518_131721.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
It's not just EVO, I've had the same issue with parts powdercoated from several manufacturers. When they get bad I use a wire cup on my angle grinder to remove the PC and use a good self-etching primer and the paint of your choice. I'm not paying for PC anymore.

desertrunner

It's not just EVO, I've had the same issue with parts powdercoated from several manufacturers. When they get bad I use a wire cup on my angle grinder to remove the PC and use a good self-etching primer and the paint of your choice. I'm not paying for PC anymore.
Yeah not a dig on Evo specifically I guess just everything I have bought powdered has been evo haha. My LoD bummer was the same on my old jk

I'll give the wire cup a try. Hopefully it get in all the nooks of the scull

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Evo definitely has the worst powdercoat from the manufacturer. but, as others have said, hit with the wire wheel and spray paint.

bhaner

I have a powder coater I take everything to.

They sand blast and then powder coat them.

I have had much better luck with having them powder coat stuff than what comes on most parts.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
As mentioned above, wire wheel or flapper valve will do it with some elbow grease. Sand blasting is the best way to clean PC IMO, if you have access to one large enough.

Spazbyt

Hooked
My powder coater does some sort of zink based primer. Honestly thought it was snake oil but I can actually see some sort of grey primer that seems to be considerably tougher then the surrounding powder coat. 20190514_124755[1].jpg

Top Bottom