To stinger or not to stinger?

Grunt8541

Shopping for a new set of bumpers for my newly acquired 14 JKU. I understand the purpose of the stinger, but wonder how practical they are. Has one ever saved you? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• B2DC43A9-6E51-4997-BBAB-C12A8FE7119A.jpeg
    B2DC43A9-6E51-4997-BBAB-C12A8FE7119A.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 213

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Shopping for a new set of bumpers for my newly acquired 14 JKU. I understand the purpose of the stinger, but wonder how practical they are. Has one ever saved you? What are your thoughts?

Could save you, but rarely are they needed. They aren’t practical, but some people like there looks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

buenavides1

Their main purpose is to prevent a rollover caused by shifting vehicle weight when descending a steep incline. Should an offroad truck end up off-balanced to the point where a nose rollover becomes imminent, the stinger bar interferes.

jdofmemi

Their main purpose is to prevent a rollover caused by shifting vehicle weight when descending a steep incline. Should an offroad truck end up off-balanced to the point where a nose rollover becomes imminent, the stinger bar interferes.

That's what the long skinny pedal on the right is for.

Of course you have to have the grey matter engaged and make sure not to use the short fat pedal in a panic.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Actually the point is to protect the radiator in the event of a rollover to allow the vehicle to be driven back out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s obviously for popping the balloons when you’re playing mariokart battle!
IMG_7449.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Grunt8541

The picture was borrowed from google images, not my JKU.
I appreciate the insight. I still don’t know which direction to go. I will continue to look around.

I prefer the bull bar style. Gives you protection without having to stare at a big ass triangle in front of you all the time. But we don’t have rocks here, depends what you want to do if you need the flop protection.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TorturedMargot

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I am no longer seeing the Stinger for sale on the Wayalife shop. Can anyone shed some light on this?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I am no longer seeing the Stinger for sale on the Wayalife shop. Can anyone shed some light on this?
This thread is for front bumper stingers… I think you are referring to Eddies Rear Hitch Stinger. I believe he stopped selling them.

Top Bottom