My 3.6 is no more...RIP

I bought it brand new. I met my wife in it, and let’s be honest-she married next because I drive a Jeep and not an Audi, it took me to my wedding day, it got me to the hospital when my son was born, and countless trails in between. Yesterday I was driving home and heard an explosion from underneath my Jeep. I honestly thought I’d run over a Jerry can. I looked in my mirror and saw fluid everywhere. I got out and looked underneath and it was puking oil. I loved that little motor and utterly loathed the auto transmission. If I could have pulled over and fought it, I would have. The irony of the entire situation was 2 weeks ago I put down 50% with Robbie at Motech for a 6L80 and L94. I honestly believe my engine found out and was pissed and wanted to get back at me. In any case, I love my Jeep and that little 3.6 for all its heart and what it gave me. RIP friend. Thanks for all the good times we shared. I’ll miss you (but not that godforsaken transmission!). You were good.
IMG_9170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_9171.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 286

boardsurfer

Yeah, this is payback. :D At least you already have a plan and it didnt force your hand before you were ready.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
That's a good news bad news scenario. I love how sentimental we as Jeep owners are. I was sick to my stomach when I sold my JK thinking of similar memories as you. I even refused any local buyers just for the fact I didn't want to see it driving around town like an ex your still in love with. Cant wait to see the LS!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Man sorry to hear that, but sounds like you got something even more bad ass in the making. Good luck with the upgrade!

That's a good news bad news scenario. I love how sentimental we as Jeep owners are. I was sick to my stomach when I sold my JK thinking of similar memories as you. I even refused any local buyers just for the fact I didn't want to see it driving around town like an ex your still in love with. Cant wait to see the LS!

I actually tried to sell it and just didn’t want to. And the two perspective buyers I did have I made promise me if I sold it to them they would have a garage spot for it and they’d take care of it! Haha! So stupid.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I actually tried to sell it and just didn’t want to. And the two perspective buyers I did have I made promise me if I sold it to them they would have a garage spot for it and they’d take care of it! Haha! So stupid.

I have a few enemies over my JK. Every now and then I would try to sell it but at the last minute I would back out. I know that's not a good practice but my family had so many great memories and I put my heart and soul into building it that there was no way I could part with it. I'm guessing the only reason I was able to finally sell it is because I bought the Gladiator prior to the sell. I agree, its stupid we attach ourselves to these things but then again that's why we own Jeeps. They make great those great memories and that makes the cost worth it in my opinion.

JKbrick

What the hell is an ex your still in love with ?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
What the hell is an ex your still in love with ?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The one that left you 3 weeks before your wedding to shack up with some dude while you were finishing up your first deployment in the Marines when you were 18. I dodged a f-ing bullet but at the time I was crushed. Oh to be young again.

Exodus 4x4

The one that left you 3 weeks before your wedding to shack up with some dude while you were finishing up your first deployment in the Marines when you were 18. I dodged a f-ing bullet but at the time I was crushed. Oh to be young again.

Lol, boot life. By the time we shipped to Iraq I was a Sgt. and actually broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years because I didn’t want to think about who she was fucking while I was over there. Smart move.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Lol, boot life. By the time we shipped to Iraq I was a Sgt. and actually broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years because I didn’t want to think about who she was fucking while I was over there. Smart move.

Exactly, total boot! After that I just told all the other girlfriend's to have their boyfriends shit packed up by the time I got back.

jeeeep

Hooked
RIP 3.6

Every time i think about selling my 2010JK i go bi-polar...all hyped to sell it and be done with it one day and the next day nah... it's been 180k miles good to me and still going :thumb: lol

Thank you all. I’m so excited. Never knew what a pain in the ass it was to find a vehicle transporter. I feel like I’m flying on Southwest. Reno is apparently in the middle of nowhere and it’s impossible to get to. Wait, what?!?
And I enjoyed the military stories. I dealt with something similar while in the USAF so I understand.

Top Bottom