Talking Brakes

tonytony9

I’m stepping up to 37’s at end of the summer. Might as well step up my brakes while I’m at it. Looking for something to help out my stopping power at highway speeds.

Any recommendations? I’m considering Mopar Big Brake kit and Dynatrac. I also really like Wildwood brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
You’ll get the most bang for the buck with an oversized rotor. I don’t think Willwood has that, unless there’s something new that I haven’t seen. Dynatrac is nice because you use your stock calipers and don’t have to bleed the system. There are other kits that similarly use a bracket and larger rotor with stock calipers.

MericaMade

My buddy installed a set of Wilwoods on his with the upgraded mopar booster and master cylinder and honestly I don't like it at all. I perfer my stock brakes on 37s over that 3k setup on 35s. I have driven one jeep with the Dynatrac and was really impressed. For the price you can't go wrong with Dynatrac.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
For the money, the dynatrac system is the best out there. I did not upgrade my brake booster for 37s. There plenty of stopping power with the Progrips and the stock booster.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Dynatrac. Pricey, yeah, but the ease of install made it worth it to me. I did not upgrade my booster either. Stopping power with them is awesome.

Vid Eddie did

jab1719

Dynatrac here as well, my wife even noticed a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkratt

Ran the Dynatrac while on 35 and now on 37’s. I really like the ease of installation and the fact that you could use stock brake pads should you need to. It has been a perfect upgrade to make sure I can stop the heavy Jeep.

The difference is night and day compared to stock. :rock:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I had the dynatrac pro-grip for a long time. After the rotors and pads were due for a replacement, I decided to try the Crown automotive kit which swaps in a Ram 1500 master, dual piston calipers, and big rotors. Honestly I didn't notice a difference over the dynatrac, probably the same. I still have the dynatrac rear brakes. So either will be a big improvement over stock.
IMG_0092.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg

Last edited:

14ACES

Dynatrac Progrip. I have 39” BFG and it stops my jku. No complaints. I would highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Chris1015

What a coincidence this got posted. Just realized yesterday my brakes are cashed. May be a silly question but does anyone know if Dynatrac has any promo codes they ever use. Maybe I can only bust one piggy bank open :^)

JKbrick

I had the dynatrac pro-grip for a long time. After the rotors and pads were due for a replacement, I decided to try the Crown automotive kit which swaps in a Ram 1500 master, dual piston calipers, and big rotors. Honestly I didn't notice a difference over the dynatrac, probably the same. I still have the dynatrac rear brakes. So either will be a big improvement over stock.
View attachment 348309
View attachment 348310
View attachment 348311

Didn’t know Crown had a big brake kit, is it front and rear?

jdofmemi

From the Crown site it appears to be just front.

Crown is just the front. You can pair it with a similar Terraflex kit for the rear, but it is easier to just get Dynatrac and be done.

That said, I have the Crown kit, new in box, that I will deal on if anyone is interested. I was going to go that way, then changed up and got axles that already have Dynatrac brakes.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I just installed the rear dynatrac BBK last night as I was in need of a rear brake job. When the indicator somehow breaks off the OEM pad, the only way to know they are worn out is when you hear an awful grinding noise coming from the rear...:crazyeyes: Took no time at all. I probably spent more time getting out and putting away tools than I did with the install.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brendo Rex

Yes. Exactly the thread I wanted to find! But I do have a question on this thread/about the dynatrac system .... bbk. Front and rear. I have a stock 2015 jku. With the 16” stock wheel. And stock size BFF KO2’s. They will not tell me 100% that there progrip kit will fit/run the wheel weights. They keep telling me to print off the paper fitment tool thing. Lol. I guess I’m here to ask if the progrip dynatrac bbk will fit my completely stock 2015 jku with the stock 17” wheels. ? Thanks.

Thank goodness this is a short and to the point brake thread. The last one I found went on for a while and ended up going no where.... Thanks for all the responses. I have definitely noticed a lack of stopping power since switching to larger tires. Consensus seems to be on Dynatrac....

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thank goodness this is a short and to the point brake thread. The last one I found went on for a while and ended up going no where.... Thanks for all the responses. I have definitely noticed a lack of stopping power since switching to larger tires. Consensus seems to be on Dynatrac....

Yeah, it’s pretty simple. They work.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom