Universal Garage Door Opener?

Stick

Has anyone installed a universal garage door opener like they have in a JL or Gladiator into a JK? I have 3 different remotes that I use on a daily basis in my JK that would be nice to consolidate into part of my Jeep.

You can get a used homelink device and modify somewhere to put it on your Jeep, wire it to keyed on so it won’t work without the key and you can leave Jeep open in your driveway.

I mounted a “visor” homelink top of my cluster surround on my TJ. Make sure if you o that route you get a newer one with rolling code capability.

Pics
IMG_7560.jpg
IMG_7561.jpg
IMG_7562.jpg
IMG_7563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
I have been looking at the mo-door motorcycle one to add to my motorcycle. It seems legit and very small. wonder if that would be a solid solution for the jeep. Specially when top/doors are off.

Reminds me my door opener is on my visor... at least my full doors are on atm.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have been looking at the mo-door motorcycle one to add to my motorcycle. It seems legit and very small. wonder if that would be a solid solution for the jeep. Specially when top/doors are off.

Reminds me my door opener is on my visor... at least my full doors are on atm.
Yeah I unzip and tuck mine into the role bar padding behind my head. After a few practices I can find the button without looking.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jab1719

I wired mine to a rocker switch but left it battery powered. So now it doesn’t look like a garage door opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have one in my JT factory, I still haven’t figured out how to program it.

Stick

I have one in my JT factory, I still haven’t figured out how to program it.

All you need to do is hold down the button you want to program and use the original remote at the same time, hold for about 20 seconds. I got my Gladiator programmed for my garage door, apartment gate and the gate at my work.

Here a link to the Jeep video on how to program it.

https://youtu.be/bUGEeWO55as

All you need to do is hold down the button you want to program and use the original remote at the same time, hold for about 20 seconds. I got my Gladiator programmed for my garage door, apartment gate and the gate at my work.

Here a link to the Jeep video on how to program it.

https://youtu.be/bUGEeWO55as

That’s true. But there may be extra steps afterwords. On my “overhead door” lifts you have to go through a learning procedure with them as well. Takes a few tries to understand the procedure and then get right. Also don’t accidentally over write a button without clearing them first, they will learn two codes and open both doors at once. Which is fine unless one is already open 🤣

Whitarmy

Hard to see in the pic, I soldered a momentary switch to my garage door opener and put it under my radio. This way the switch isn’t in plain view if I have to park outside the garage.
Adjustments.jpg

2008 JKU
2014 JKR
2020 JTR

RonaldG

I had a pair of the Craftsman belt drive openers in our last house, they worked perfect and were very quiet. I would not hesitate to buy them again or any reviewed by this resource. Be sure to do lots of research before you get one, this resource should help indoor2outdoor.com/liftmaster-vs-chamberlain/ .<Jeremy, You should totally buy this product! 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom