Third time's a charm.

desertrunner

Wife and I have been talking about getting back into a 4dr JK for a while. As luck would have it Brute had a bad ass 4dr Anvil JKUR with a 5.7 Hemi in it for sale and we were able to work out a deal. Very excited to get this thing out on the trails and be in now my 3rd JK.

And for all the 2dr lovers out there don't worry I am still keeping my gecko 2dr. So we are now a 2 JK home.

With my work restricting me from traveling out of state to pick the jeep up from Brute, my Dad ended up making the trip out and driving it to Montana for me. And Jsouder53 invited me out for a trail ride to Twin Lakes this weekend that turned out to be the perfect test drive shake down run. Brute if you read this the test drive went well I think I'll keep it, you can cash the check now HAHA. 1592106932398.jpg 1592110654543.jpg 20200611_180851.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m glad we were able to finally get out on a trail together and even better timing with the new Jeep! [emoji106]

Also, that garage looks great having 2 JKs!

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Totally awesome!...you couldn't ask for a better camping rig...I hope you enjoy it. I'm going to head up to Montana hopefully this year with my rods, would love to get a fishing/camping trip together...

desertrunner

I’m glad we were able to finally get out on a trail together and even better timing with the new Jeep! [emoji106]

Also, that garage looks great having 2 JKs!
Absolutely! Thanks again for the invite and we will definitely have to do more of it this summer
Knowing Ed that Jeep was well cared for and done up right. Great purchase now get some bigger tires in that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The 37s on my 2dr I'm sure will make its way over to it at some point for a "test fit" but honestly I have about 1" of clearance before the awning hits my garage door so for the time being the 35s stay. 37s will be the goal for it in the long run though. Hard to beat a 4dr on 37s as a camping rig.
Totally awesome!...you couldn't ask for a better camping rig...I hope you enjoy it. I'm going to head up to Montana hopefully this year with my rods, would love to get a fishing/camping trip together...
Heck yeah! Let me know when you head up I'd love to work out a trip together.
That didn’t take long to get it on the trail!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
The timing worked out great with taking my dad out Montana wheeling, getting the invite from Jsouder53, and needing an good trail for a test drive on really the first day I drove the new jeep haha. Wouldn't have it any other way

desertrunner

Got the chance today to pull the tires off and scope out what's what underneath. Did a little adjustment to the synergy tie rod since it was pointed down, drag link needs a little rotation too but I'll get that later. And of course while I had the tires off I couldn't resist the urge to throw the 37s on it just to see how they look..... Yeah that was a bad idea it looks so damn good. 37s are just meant for the 4dr. It also made it out of the garage by about 1/4" with leaving the awning on. 20200620_201428.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Got the chance today to pull the tires off and scope out what's what underneath. Did a little adjustment to the synergy tie rod since it was pointed down, drag link needs a little rotation too but I'll get that later. And of course while I had the tires off I couldn't resist the urge to throw the 37s on it just to see how they look..... Yeah that was a bad idea it looks so damn good. 37s are just meant for the 4dr. It also made it out of the garage by about 1/4" with leaving the awning on. View attachment 349230

Man that looks good!!! So are they staying on the 4 door? Lol

desertrunner

Man that looks good!!! So are they staying on the 4 door? Lol
Nah I built the entire 2dr around those tires so they will go back to it but I figured it's not a bad idea to see how the 37s fit. I just got word I am most likely headed to Minot ND so I will probably be replacing the KM2s for something that will do better on snowy / icy roads. I really wish the duratracs came in a 37 I think I'll be disappointed if I go 35s again with it

Elroy231

Got the chance today to pull the tires off and scope out what's what underneath. Did a little adjustment to the synergy tie rod since it was pointed down, drag link needs a little rotation too but I'll get that later. And of course while I had the tires off I couldn't resist the urge to throw the 37s on it just to see how they look..... Yeah that was a bad idea it looks so damn good. 37s are just meant for the 4dr. It also made it out of the garage by about 1/4" with leaving the awning on. View attachment 349230

That looks great

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Nah I built the entire 2dr around those tires so they will go back to it but I figured it's not a bad idea to see how the 37s fit. I just got word I am most likely headed to Minot ND so I will probably be replacing the KM2s for something that will do better on snowy / icy roads. I really wish the duratracs came in a 37 I think I'll be disappointed if I go 35s again with it

That sounds like a cold place to live

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked

Well dang, sorry it’s not Washington like you were hoping. I bet those 37s will come sooner than later since you got a taste of how it looks lol

rmingrap

Wow

Your pics made me miss the outdoors. Haven't been going out of the house except to buy groceries since this pandemic hit the country.

desertrunner

So learned something cool yesterday. The procal 4 and 5 pin are for setting the engine type. In the quick reference guide those pins are both down for the 3.6L the 4 pin goes up for the 5.7L and not sure for the 6.4L. I felt like the jeep was holding on to revs more than it should and was basically red lining at half throttle so I called AEV for some trouble shooting. Turns out when the 4.56 gears got put in the program from the procal was set to the 3.6L. essentially the transmission thought it was shifting a 3.6L with 4.56 and 35s. So I re programed the gear ratio with the 4 pin up for the 5.7L and it's a totally different vehicle now. Shifts totally different.
I think the transmission will have to adjust a bit to the new shift points the adaptive shift control will learn over time. Or I can have the dealership clear that but I don't trust the jeep dealership here to do shit.

So yeah anyone with a AEV hemi swap using a procal the 4 and 5 pin are different than the reference guide.

Top Bottom