CB BAR Aux Switch Mount : SWITCH PROS 8 or 12 Switch Panel + CB Radio Relocation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator that didn't come with a factory 4-bank auxiliary switch system? Or maybe you do have one but would still like clean way to add a lot more switches. If so, I've got a solution for you - the all new WAYALIFE CB BAR Switch Mount made specifically for the Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch or RCR-FORCE 12-Switch Programmable Switch Panel Systems. The Switch Mount is adjustable so that it can be used with both small and full size CB radios. And, as an added bonus, the Switch Mount will also allow you to relocate most radios about an inch closer to the windshield. This not only makes it easier to see and operate your radio, it also gives taller guys a bit more clearance for their heads. Below are a few shots of what it looks like.

This is a shot of the CB BAR Switch Mount installed in a standard position and with a Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch Switch Panel System mounted on to it. I also have an ICOM Race Radio mounted up in and in the relocated position behind the CB BAR. As you can see, this helps to make it easier to see and use both the radio and switches and provide maximum head clearance as well.
20200612174847-607c1f62-me.jpg

This shot from above shows how you can run the Switch Pros communication cable through the CB BAR for a clean finish. Obviously, the radio power leads and antenna cable can be run through the CB BAR as well and I may still need to do that someday.
20200612174909-9913a05c-me.jpg

For all you gadget freaks out there, the CB BAR Switch Mount has been designed to work with the Switch Pros RCR-FORCE 12-Switch Panel System as well.
20200612174943-69595022-me.jpg

Of course, even with the RCR-FORCE 12-Switch Panel System, there is no interference with the Freedom Top Panels or their latches. Also, you can clearly see, the radio does NOT obstruct the rear view mirror.
20200612175004-780e5b8b-me.jpg

This shot shows how the CB BAR Switch Mount can even be used with a full size CB Radio like a Cobra 29. Because it's adjustable, the Switch Mount can be installed so that the Switch Pros Switch Panel can still be seen and operated with ease. And, while the fitment will be tight, you can even use the Switch Mount to relocate a massive Cobra 29 to give your head a bit more clearance.
20200612174844-46d2dea0-me.jpg

I should note that the holes on the CB BAR Switch Mount are universal and while they do work with the mounts that come with many CB, HAM and Race Radios, drilling may be required on some in order to make installation possible.

BUY The WAYALIFE CB BAR Switch Mount
https://bit.ly/3j3CP4N

Below are links to the Switch Pros Switch Panels that you can by on Amazon:

Switch Pros SP-9100: 8-Switch Panel Power System
https://amzn.to/2EmeUhW

Switch Pros RCR Force 12: 12-Switch Panel Power System
https://amzn.to/2FDtYZ3

JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Mounting Kit
https://amzn.to/3l54xQs

Additional Switch Panel Legends
https://amzn.to/32gwiwH

Please let me know if you have any questions. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks just right love it. Routing wires through the CB Bar is a great idea much cleaner look [emoji106]

Glad you like it :cool:

I like that! Would this work on the JK model CB Bar also?

Oh yeah, I suppose I should have stated as much. I guess I just figured there are so many switch mount solutions for the JK already and just forgot. :crazyeyes:

Nice work. Looks great.

Thank you :)

benatc1

Hooked
I'm actually really excited you posted this up. In the soon future I plan on adding a CB and or race radio, as well as your bar. I've also been looking a switching a few things up and getting a switch pros too. So this is kinda everything I want and need! Hopefully will be going this route soon!

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo - Just got a small package from Switch Pros and in it was their new RCR-Touch plate that goes over the SP-9100!

IMG_3495-RCR.jpg

As you can see, it just snap on and creates recesses that make it easier to activate the switches when driving hard and fast though the desert. :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
WooHoo - Just got a small package from Switch Pros and in it was their new RCR-Touch plate that goes over the SP-9100!

View attachment 353034

As you can see, it just snap on and creates recesses that make it easier to activate the switches when driving hard and fast though the desert. :thumb:
That looks good, I think it kinda completes the look of the panel too, not that I ever thought it necessarily needed it in the past.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Makes slot of sense trying to get your finger on the button. I see you’ve added a few more accessories to it [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

cinnur

Radio Types

Hello All,

What radio type is recommended for best connection with other users?

Have Fun,
Sean

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello All,

What radio type is recommended for best connection with other users?

Have Fun,
Sean

It really depends. I typically like a CB radio like a Cobra 29 especially being that they're affordable and a lot of people have them. However, lately, a lot of the runs we've been going on have all been with Race Radios so, there's that.

JAGS

Hooked
It really depends. I typically like a CB radio like a Cobra 29 especially being that they're affordable and a lot of people have them. However, lately, a lot of the runs we've been going on have all been with Race Radios so, there's that.

Do you have both installed on your CB bar? Or are you using a handheld race radio?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have both installed on your CB bar? Or are you using a handheld race radio?

On our JL, I've got a Cobra 29 on the CB BAR and then I just use a hand held race radio. On our JT, I do the opposite.

JAGS

Hooked
On our JL, I've got a Cobra 29 on the CB BAR and then I just use a hand held race radio. On our JT, I do the opposite.

Cool. Mind sharing your race radio selections for both options? Not sure you’ve posted those up in a while.

MericaMade

Thats nice! I need to pick one up for the 9100.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom