Rubicon Area Trails

bhaner

Thinking about making a trip down to the Rubicon in July.

Trying to make a good trip out of it and adding in a few other trails.

Fordyce and Barrett lake are on the list. Water levels on Fordyce and my width on Barrett may make those trails a no go. Any other good trails in the area?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Thinking about making a trip down to the Rubicon in July.

Trying to make a good trip out of it and adding in a few other trails.

Fordyce and Barrett lake are on the list. Water levels on Fordyce and my width on Barrett may make those trails a no go. Any other good trails in the area?

Isn’t the Dusy close by?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

Been doing my Youtube search and found a few other trails we may hit.

Slick Rock 4x4 Trail
Deer Creek 4x4 Trail

Slick Rock looks really fun!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Been doing my Youtube search and found a few other trails we may hit.

Slick Rock 4x4 Trail
Deer Creek 4x4 Trail

Slick Rock looks really fun!

I’ve run Slick Rock a whole bunch of times and it’s always fun. It’s not a hard trail but there’s plenty to keep your interest. Depending on how far you’re traveling you’ll probably want to run it out and back. I can run it solo in about an hour. There’s also a lake at each end to keep you busy while you’re not on the trail. Deer Valley is probably the other one you’re referring to and it’s right up the road from Slick Rock. You could also run those back to back in the same day if you wanted.

bkac

Caught the Bug
The Fordyce damn is under construction for a long while so the water levels are running at 50cfm which means low. That might be in your favor.

It was only about 2.5’ last weekend and that’s now the flow for awhile to come.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bhaner

The Fordyce damn is under construction for a long while so the water levels are running at 50cfm which means low. That might be in your favor.

It was only about 2.5’ last weekend and that’s now the flow for awhile to come.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Is 2.5 feet passable? Not sure how much flow there is... But that still sounds like a lot.

bhaner

I’ve run Slick Rock a whole bunch of times and it’s always fun. It’s not a hard trail but there’s plenty to keep your interest. Depending on how far you’re traveling you’ll probably want to run it out and back. I can run it solo in about an hour. There’s also a lake at each end to keep you busy while you’re not on the trail. Deer Valley is probably the other one you’re referring to and it’s right up the road from Slick Rock. You could also run those back to back in the same day if you wanted.

Yep. Deer Valley was it.

We have a place in South Lake Tahoe that is somewhat central so we plan to hit three different areas. Rubicon, Fordyce, and Deer Valley/Slick rock.

Would love to find some harder trails... But this is all I have found in the area so far.

Rubicon
Barrett Lake
Fordyce
Signal Peak
Dear Valley
Slick Rock

Barrett Lake is kinda out by itself... And I am not sure I will fit through the gate so we may skip that one.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Yep. Deer Valley was it.

We have a place in South Lake Tahoe that is somewhat central so we plan to hit three different areas. Rubicon, Fordyce, and Deer Valley/Slick rock.

Would love to find some harder trails... But this is all I have found in the area so far.

Rubicon
Barrett Lake
Fordyce
Signal Peak
Dear Valley
Slick Rock

Barrett Lake is kinda out by itself... And I am not sure I will fit through the gate so we may skip that one.

I think you have found plenty of hard trails with that list to keep you busy!

RSQCON

We have a Rubicon trip planned in July and am looking to run some other trails as well. Barrett is our first choice but is currently closed so will have to wait and see. Not sure why you can't run Barrett. I'm on full width axles and it's not a problem. As for Fordyce you better go now. 2.5' feet is nothing compared to the normal flow but I would not recommend trying that one by yourself. We ran it a fews years back and it was a blast.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
We have a Rubicon trip planned in July and am looking to run some other trails as well. Barrett is our first choice but is currently closed so will have to wait and see. Not sure why you can't run Barrett. I'm on full width axles and it's not a problem. As for Fordyce you better go now. 2.5' feet is nothing compared to the normal flow but I would not recommend trying that one by yourself. We ran it a fews years back and it was a blast.

I’m on “full width“ axles and don’t fit through the gate at Barrett. I’m 91” in the front, other folks I know on full width are around 86”. It depends on which tires & “full width” axles you’re running.

dillard09

I’m on “full width“ axles and don’t fit through the gate at Barrett. I’m 91” in the front, other folks I know on full width are around 86”. It depends on which tires & “full width” axles you’re running.

I'm running 71.5" wide Superduty axles with Machettes with 40s. I'm right at 89-90" wide and I squeezed through. The front I was able to just wiggle through and the rear I made go through. Had a guy with stock Rubicon axles and he made it without touching. Then another one one 68.5" wide Curries and 40s and he made it through with no problems at all. He is around 86" wide.

wjtstudios

Hooked

Damn you are wide, what tires and back spacing are you running?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bhaner

Yup. Some fit... Some don't!

I am about 88". Figure I have at least an inch of rubber on each side that can flex out of the way.

That is the 68.5 Dynatrac with 3.5 BS 17x10 with 40x13.5.

bhaner

My small group of 4 will be headed down on the 4th of July. Headed home the 10th. Hopefully we get to do everything on the list!

I am not a big fan of water crossings. SO we will see how it goes!

Top Bottom