New owner with a few questions.

Tall Mike

Hello again all, been away from the site for a while. Picked up a new Gladiator Overland North Edition the other day. So far loving the new ride. For the moderate wheeling I do it’s going to be a real good fit. I still have my JK to beat on if things get sketchy.... The Gladiator isn’t likely to get run real hard I’ll be making payments for a long time on this thing ! She is pretty well loaded up, the North Edition will be nice in the upstate New York winters. I could have got into a Rubi for the same money but it didn’t have anywhere near the options this one does.

A couple rookie questions.

1) can I run 35’s on the stock 18’s without spacers and without a lift if I behave myself ?
2) eventually I’ll be going with 17’s and a 2.5 Evo lift. What backspace and bolt pattern do I need for the new wheels ?

Thanks,
Mike

5CB8900F-6406-4865-8F88-FD8644C9ADE8.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Hello again all, been away from the site for a while. Picked up a new Gladiator Overland North Edition the other day. So far loving the new ride. For the moderate wheeling I do it’s going to be a real good fit. I still have my JK to beat on if things get sketchy.... The Gladiator isn’t likely to get run real hard I’ll be making payments for a long time on this thing ! She is pretty well loaded up, the North Edition will be nice in the upstate New York winters. I could have got into a Rubi for the same money but it didn’t have anywhere near the options this one does.

A couple rookie questions.

1) can I run 35’s on the stock 18’s without spacers and without a lift if I behave myself ?
2) eventually I’ll be going with 17’s and a 2.5 Evo lift. What backspace and bolt pattern do I need for the new wheels ?

Thanks,
Mike

Congrats. On the new JT. Bolt pattern is the same as the JK but the studs are 14mm on the JT which is bigger than the JK. You will likely need longer lug nuts because the OEM ones are stubby and the tapered part won't fit a lot of aftermarket wheels. Also, the rear wheel studs on the JT are longer than the front ones. So if you go with a shorter lug nut, they will bottom out and break (ask me how I know). I am currently running 35s on my Sport (same fenders as yours) with no lift. I've done a couple of forest roads with no rubbing at all (sway bar still disconnected). Here's a picture and these are JK wheels. Been running these for about 4000 miles now with no issues. The backspacing is either 4.5 or 4.75. These are 17 inch wheels though.

DSC06147.jpg

By the way, what is the difference in the North Edition compared to the other models?

Tall Mike

Congrats. On the new JT. Bolt pattern is the same as the JK but the studs are 14mm on the JT which is bigger than the JK. You will likely need longer lug nuts because the OEM ones are stubby and the tapered part won't fit a lot of aftermarket wheels. Also, the rear wheel studs on the JT are longer than the front ones. So if you go with a shorter lug nut, they will bottom out and break (ask me how I know). I am currently running 35s on my Sport (same fenders as yours) with no lift. I've done a couple of forest roads with no rubbing at all (sway bar still disconnected). Here's a picture and these are JK wheels. Been running these for about 4000 miles now with no issues. The backspacing is either 4.5 or 4.75. These are 17 inch wheels though.

View attachment 349011

By the way, what is the difference in the North Edition compared to the other models?

Thanks for the info that helps a lot.

North Edition is basically a winter package. Heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, slush mats, remote start, and some other stuff.

https://moparinsiders.com/gladiator-to-feature-new-north-edition-package-on-overland-models/

Top Bottom