Well Hell

Slimebones

Damn. That blows

Only the third real "break" I have had in the last 5 years. Front left axle shaft, rear upper control arm mount (axle), now this. I have pushed it pretty hard, but try to take it easy on the skinny pedal. Shit happens.

Slimebones

Holy shit Doug. That sucks. Any warning signs?

Didn't notice anything when it must have happened. Wish I had for future reference, which I hope to avoid!!
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Didn't notice anything when it must have happened. Wish I had for future reference, which I hope to avoid!!

Slimebones

Uh oh.

Seems I'm not the only one that makes things go crunch crunch crunch.

Good luck getting it healed up soon.

Thanks Jerry. Wish I had some experience replacing gears. As critical it is to get the clearances right, it is hard to research who knows how to do this correctly. Willing to pay a reputable referred shop in this area if anyone has a suggestion.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Thanks Jerry. Wish I had some experience replacing gears. As critical it is to get the clearances right, it is hard to research who knows how to do this correctly. Willing to pay a reputable referred shop in this area if anyone has a suggestion.

Your local crew may know more, but Trail Jeeps in Golden did most of the build on my Jeep before I bought it, and it seemed to be first class work.

Slimebones

Have they called you back yet to let you know it's ready?

Exactly!! My experience with those guys. I showed up there once with an appointment, they didn't know what I was talking about. An hour drive, wasted!! Way over rated. Pipe dream of the owner, who by the way made the appointment.

Top Bottom