ABS Module bypass?

Rudolphs33

2016 jku
Was diagnosed needing a new ABS module- is there any way to override the ABS system while I wait for the module to come in? I think it’s stuck in limp mode, it won’t go into overdrive. ABS/ESC Lights with downhill descent flashing and occasionally triggers check engine light.
Mostly a huge pain in the ass🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
You can install a cutout switch to bypass all of your traction control, Abs and stability bullshit. I haven’t t done it yet but it’s on my list to do
In the next couple of weeks. The bundle of wires that the wire is in is under the center console. I know at least JKbrick, Ddays, and wjtstudios have done it fairly recently. It should be in one of their build threads as to what wire to actually cut.

JKbrick

You can install a cutout switch to bypass all of your traction control, Abs and stability bullshit. I haven’t t done it yet but it’s on my list to do
In the next couple of weeks. The bundle of wires that the wire is in is under the center console. I know at least JKbrick, Ddays, and wjtstudios have done it fairly recently. It should be in one of their build threads as to what wire to actually cut.

Jeff (Weebz) has good pics in his thread of which wire to cut

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s easy, I’m just not 100% sure it would work on the module. But the kill switch is an easy installation.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It’s easy, I’m just not 100% sure it would work on the module. But the kill switch is an easy installation.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I believe the kill switch takes out the module as well. You don’t have abs when it’s turned off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
I believe the kill switch takes out the module as well. You don’t have abs when it’s turned off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Correct. It bypasses the geometry sensor. But I just don’t know if the computer would still recognize the module

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
My ABS/ESC was flashing on and off last time I was on the trail [emoji51] before I decide to dig into it, I want to clarify that the kill switch will make it so the Jeep will not go into limp mode when it starts acting up?

TrailHunter

Hooked
When I go wheeling in the Sand... I pull the J6 fuse. It disables the ABS/ESP systems.... I can do donuts for days and it won't kick in climbing hills. Don't know if that helps.

Ddays

Hooked
My ABS/ESC was flashing on and off last time I was on the trail [emoji51] before I decide to dig into it, I want to clarify that the kill switch will make it so the Jeep will not go into limp mode when it starts acting up?

I haven't turned my switch off since I installed it last year. No limp mode but the lights do stay on. They no longer bother me at all.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I haven't turned my switch off since I installed it last year. No limp mode but the lights do stay on. They no longer bother me at all.

The only reason I turn my switch on is for longer road trips so I can have my cruise control working.

MericaMade

Ok so I went to do this yesterday and in the wire loom next to shifter there was 3 purple wires with a blue strip just all different colors of blue. FML

I pulled the center console up and at the TC I found this plug and see there is again 2 purple and blue strip wires.

Do I cut Light blue or Dark blue?

Also, will this mess with the elockers in anyway?

EDIT: I would think running the switch right to the J6 breaker in-line with a fuse would accomplish the same thing right?

20200710_132149.jpg 20200710_132138.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Ok so I went to do this yesterday and in the wire loom next to shifter there was 3 purple wires with a blue strip just all different colors of blue. FML

I pulled the center console up and at the TC I found this plug and see there is again 2 purple and blue strip wires.

Do I cut Light blue or Dark blue?

Also, will this mess with the elockers in anyway?

EDIT: I would think running the switch right to the J6 breaker in-line with a fuse would accomplish the same thing right?

View attachment 350052 View attachment 350053

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did the one in the bottom pic, far left.

Purple with grey stripe

MericaMade

So I tried wiring a switch directly to the J6 fuse and it disables everything and dash light come on but won't clear when you recycle the key. Only way to get clear dash light is with the J scan. What's the difference of going to the J6 fuse and going to the wire near shifter if they essentially shut off the same components out of curiosity?

Regardless, running to wire now instead of fuse.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
So I tried wiring a switch directly to the J6 fuse and it disables it but won't clear when you recycle the key. Only way to get clear the codes is with the J scan. What's the difference of going to the J6 fuse and going to the wire near shifter if they essentially shut off the same component.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t know, but the switch does not require the codes to be cleared.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom