Mesh shades

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking to get a shade for the JLU. On my jk I have the spiderweb jkini and it’s great. For the JL I went and looked at their website, and other vendors, and it’s almost $200 for the front and rear sections from spiderweb. To me that’s a little steep.

Has anyone tried any of the other brand shades for the JL and can you comment on the quality? I know it’s just mesh but want the best quality for my money.

IMG_0514.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Glad you posted this. I have had one of these in my shopping cart on Amazon for awhile but never pulled the trigger because of the pricing. I'd like to pick one up for the Moab trip...

Bierpower

Hooked
My neighbor had the rugged ridge model on his Jeep and liked it. It never flapped in the wind and he didn't have any issues. I've been looking at the Jtops shades. Still pricey but I like the design a lot more than the SWS. I got some samples from them but like you I just can't pull the trigger for that price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

We had the Alien shade on the ex's JL. It did the job well, and no flapping in the breeze. I don't recall the cost, but it was definitely less than Spiderweb.

She got me one for the JK, I need to find where it is stashed before Moab

Ddays

Hooked
But it comes with bungie cords too🤣🤣🤣

Lol, Still not sure if it;s worth it!

The Alien shades are $100 cheaper but are made in China. Not sure if it's worth the extra $$ or not. The distressed flag version on the Spiderwebshade site is pretty cool but that one's $300! :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
I just put on my JTops USA shade. The quality is way better than my JK spiderweb. Haven’t been out topless yet, so can’t speak to shade it provides just yet.

jdofmemi

Lol, Still not sure if it;s worth it!

The Alien shades are $100 cheaper but are made in China. Not sure if it's worth the extra $$ or not. The distressed flag version on the Spiderwebshade site is pretty cool but that one's $300! :crazyeyes:

The made in China part sucks. I would rather support our own, but I didn't buy it. I still feel half guilty though.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
When I bought my JL4D Spiderwebshade they had a 20% coupon code. Google Fu shows that they have a 15% code right now:

CORONAFREE

ZomboMeme 16082019002949.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have you looked into the Mopar mesh tops? I’m not sure how well they are made but not too bad of a price. This was what I was planning on getting when ever I order my JL

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-82215390AB-Bonnet-Wrangler-Models/dp/B07NRWRY2T
Mopar looks like a good option for the $$$
I personally like J Tops USA. American made and I think they are running 10% off now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Some of the reviews I have read on the mopar top are not good. They say quality isn’t good and it flaps around to much.

I will check out JTops as well
My neighbor had the rugged ridge model on his Jeep and liked it. It never flapped in the wind and he didn't have any issues. I've been looking at the Jtops shades. Still pricey but I like the design a lot more than the SWS. I got some samples from them but like you I just can't pull the trigger for that price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Will deff check out the rugged ridge top
We had the Alien shade on the ex's JL. It did the job well, and no flapping in the breeze. I don't recall the cost, but it was definitely less than Spiderweb.

She got me one for the JK, I need to find where it is stashed before Moab
Alien shades website isn’t working and can’t seem to find them for the JL via google. Do you remember where you got it?
I just put on my JTops USA shade. The quality is way better than my JK spiderweb. Haven’t been out topless yet, so can’t speak to shade it provides just yet.
Thanks Jason! Will check it out
When I bought my JL4D Spiderwebshade they had a 20% coupon code. Google Fu shows that they have a 15% code right now:

CORONAFREE

View attachment 349320
Your Google fu is strong. Thank you!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Alien's storefront is Amazon I believe

I was just looking at that on my lunch break an hour ago. Saw they were $140ish for the front and rear sections.

The JTops are more expensive than the spiderweb shades! $240!

JAGS

Hooked
I was just looking at that on my lunch break an hour ago. Saw they were $140ish for the front and rear sections.

The JTops are more expensive than the spiderweb shades! $240!

10% off the JTops right now. Not cheap. But don’t look cheap either. Don’t feel cheap. Full coverage and no bungee balls!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Some of the reviews I have read on the mopar top are not good. They say quality isn’t good and it flaps around to much.

That’s good to know and I was going to just buy it without looking at reviews lol 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ glad you started this thread I guess the more expensive is the best option.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I use to have one from alien shades that was pretty good and a whole lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom