2014 JKU Coil Spacer Question.

newbie731

So recently I swapped out my springs on my JKU for the Tera Flex JK 3” springs and added 1” TF coil spacers to both the front and the rear for just a little added boost. Now, at ride height it has a bit of that rear rake look to it. It isn’t terrible but it is noticeable so I’m thinking of getting it back to level but I’m left wondering what size spacer I need on the front to get it back level. Please excuse my ignorance as my inexperience is showing here.

Before changing springs there were no coil spacers installed just some cheap lift springs but at ride height it sat quite level.

Currently, At ride height measuring from a point on the rear bumper to the ground I got 33 9/16” -
At ride height measuring from a point on the front bumper to the ground I got like 25 9/16”

I put my jack under the front bumper and jacked it up until the level I placed in the middle of the hard top showed a level ride and took those measurements again.

After:
At this height measuring from same point on the rear bumper to the ground I got 33 3/16”
At ride height measuring from same point on the front bumper to the ground I got like 28”

I’m guessing since I’m showing a difference of over 2” in the front to get a level ride that I should not have jacked it up from under the bumper because it just doesn’t seem that I’d need to increase my front spacer by that much to get back to a level ride. I was thinking another 0.5”, maybe.

Am I wrong here? Should I have used the jack at a different location on the front to simulate a level ride?

Included photos for argument sakes.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• E3DA50D1-4FF7-4507-A459-E087E0584F79.jpg
    E3DA50D1-4FF7-4507-A459-E087E0584F79.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 88
  • B20595D8-885C-496D-9F6E-2589ABE5F5C2.jpg
    B20595D8-885C-496D-9F6E-2589ABE5F5C2.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 87

fiend

Caught the Bug
Why not start with taking out the rear 1” spacers?

Often times the lift designers make the back higher than the front, on the assumption that you’re going to load up with gear and thereby even things out.

FWIW, I have 1/2” spacers in front to level front to rear and a 3/4” spacer over the passenger rear spring to level side to side. But every Jeep is going to be different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Bierpower

Hooked
^^^what he said^^^
1. The cheap simple answer is to take out the rear spacer.
2. The roof may not be the best place to use a level. The bottom side of the frame between the axles would probably give you a more accurate measurement. Most vehicles have a rake on the roof toward the front.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
And you get the same measurements left to right? I have 1/2" spacers front and back on the passenger side to even out the "JK lean". I also have a box full of spacers from trial and error to get the Jeep sit level.

Top Bottom