Used suspension

Good afternoon WAL. I'm sure this question exists somewhere here on the forum. Did a search and came up with nodda... Comments, opinions, concerns and general info would be helpful. I found a 2.5 lift by Teraflex for 350$. Seller says it was used for a year. Going on a 2011 JKU. Currently using a spacer lift. It's not my daily driver. I have begun my career with mild trails at Roucsh Creek, green and blue.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with buying used parts, but I personally would hold out till you found something of better quality. Lots of people would prefer the spacer lift over the terraflex.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’d rather go with an EVO level kit and some good shocks than put a TeraFlex on. You’ll find tons of reasons on here not to go with Teraflex. Price wise your gonna be pretty close for the lift. Depending what shocks you go with changes the price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

multiple things here....

no one here likes teraflex

thats too much for a used economy suspension of any manufacturer

If you just want 2" just buy coil spacers and shocks for cheaper

What are your actual end goals? Tire size etc.

Edit* just reread that, you already have a 2" spacer lift... what do you think you're going to gain by swapping? Do you need new shocks? Whats the reasoning

multiple things here....

no one here likes teraflex

thats too much for a used economy suspension of any manufacturer

If you just want 2" just buy coil spacers and shocks for cheaper

What are your actual end goals? Tire size etc.

Edit* just reread that, you already have a 2" spacer lift... what do you think you're going to gain by swapping? Do you need new shocks? Whats the reasoning

Roger that........reasoning.....I find that the spacer lift is a little more harsh than before the spacers. I did not replace the shocks or ad any sort of extension to compensate for the spacers. I know it's a Jeep not a Caddy. Not looking for smooth so much as not as bouncy off road. I am scraping and bumping over obstacles now. Basically i just need to be patient and save up for what i really want. Doesn't work well for my instant gratification brain. Just got excited to see a cheap lift with actual springs and shocks. Thanks everyone for the feedback, glad I held off till I saw some replies. Ultimately I would like my jeep to be on 40s. Realistically that's a little ways off. As for now running blue trails is the real goal as I need more experience wheeling. Figured if I did the 2.5 and the spacers i would gain a little in the break over department. Was going to do 1 inch spacers as opposed to the 2inch.

jdofmemi

For a better ride, get yourself some quality shocks, sized right for the amount of lift you have.

Rancho, Fox, Bilstein would be good choices, and for what you were fixing to spend on crap, you can have some quality shocks and an improved ride.

For a better ride, get yourself some quality shocks, sized right for the amount of lift you have.

Rancho, Fox, Bilstein would be good choices, and for what you were fixing to spend on crap, you can have some quality shocks and an improved ride.

This^

Evo plush ride springs also have a lot of good reviews. For when you make that next step.

If you only put spacers and no new shocks you might be hitting your shocks limit which would cause a lot of harshness as well.

And to clear up your idea of adding the spacers to the springs- then you would once again have the wrong length shocks. The shocks need to match the total suspension lift size.

This^

Evo plush ride springs also have a lot of good reviews. For when you make that next step.

If you only put spacers and no new shocks you might be hitting your shocks limit which would cause a lot of harshness as well.

And to clear up your idea of adding the spacers to the springs- then you would once again have the wrong length shocks. The shocks need to match the total suspension lift size.

And again I bow to the wisdom of people who have already done what I am thinking. Thank you all for the insight and advice, much appreciated. I will do my best to remain patient and get what I would like to have as opposed to giving in to now, now ,now....haha. Thanks again all.

Top Bottom