The build of Ruthless

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is going to be a very slow build of Morgan’s Jeep Ruthless so will do my best to update this thread the best I can.

Adjustments.jpg

Ruth is a 2020 sport s. She has the technology group with CarPlay and the 7” screen, cold weather group, convince group, the LED lighting group, Soft top and auto trans. Ruth will be Morgan’s daily and we will build it slowly.

As for the long term plan for the build I’m debating going 3.5” rancho w/ 9000 shocks and 37’s (tires TBD), evo hinge carrier, rancho front diff glide plate, truss the front axle?, front steering upgrades from synergy (drag link, trackbar, and brace), side steps/sliders (open to options), and WAYALIFE CB bar and hitch stinger. I’m open to suggestions and thoughts on the build path.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The first thing we added was the mopar all weather floor mats. The design of the mats is hard to beat. The fact the they utilize the drain holes is what separates them apart from the rest. This will come in handy during the winter months when the snow melts in the mats we can easily drain the water out.

You can see eddies write up her for pics

VIDEO : JL Journal - MOPAR All Weather Floor Mats Installation
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=51960

Ddays

Hooked
Sweet! Nice to see this build thread started. For steps take a look at the Roam sliders. I have them on our JL and I'm really happy with them. Price point is budget friendly too :thumb:
Might need a winch to pull you out while you're at it ;)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sweet! Nice to see this build thread started. For steps take a look at the Roam sliders. I have them on our JL and I'm really happy with them. Price point is budget friendly too :thumb:
Might need a winch to pull you out while you're at it ;)

Lol yes bumpers and winch are future mods as well.

I will check out the roam sliders and run them past morgan to see what she thinks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ever since I got my spiderwebshade JKini on knuckles a few years back I knew we needed a shade for Ruth. I made a thread on here recently about what mesh shades everyone was using cause $200 for the spiderweb was a little hard to swallow. After one of the members her mentioned a discount code for 15% off I bit the bullet and get the spiderweb.

All striped down and ready for install
61549413107__404E1E98-484C-4184-8E6F-A08A9AD90E08.jpg

And done!
IMG_0545.jpg

So I went with the two piece shade and to be honest I think I should have gotten the one piece like Eddie did. The front section was easy even with folding the windshield forward. The rear section on the other hand was super frustrating. Spiderwebs instructions were good but the spider ball the wrap around the soft top header by the speakers are a nightmare to install. Once installed the cord for the balls look and feel like they are about to snap. I’m gonna call spiderweb and see if I got balls to short.

Outside of that the shade works awesome as you would expect, I just recommend getting the one piece or maybe longer spider balls for the rear if spiderweb says they sent the right ones.

JKbrick

Ever since I got my spiderwebshade JKini on knuckles a few years back I knew we needed a shade for Ruth. I made a thread on here recently about what mesh shades everyone was using cause $200 for the spiderweb was a little hard to swallow. After one of the members her mentioned a discount code for 15% off I bit the bullet and get the spiderweb.

All striped down and ready for install
View attachment 349784

And done!
View attachment 349785

So I went with the two piece shade and to be honest I think I should have gotten the one piece like Eddie did. The front section was easy even with folding the windshield forward. The rear section on the other hand was super frustrating. Spiderwebs instructions were good but the spider ball the wrap around the soft top header by the speakers are a nightmare to install. Once installed the cord for the balls look and feel like they are about to snap. I’m gonna call spiderweb and see if I got balls to short.

Outside of that the shade works awesome as you would expect, I just recommend getting the one piece or maybe longer spider balls for the rear if spiderweb says they sent the right ones.

I hope they don’t ask you for pictures of your balls

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Look good!
Weird driving a stock Jeep, isn't it? I wish the JK's had the 8 speed...
Lol so weird. Even morgan said today we need Ruth to hot puberty 🤣
How is the two piece noise level? I have to say that you might end up with the single piece sooner then you think 🤙

From my short drive home with it before closing up for the drive to Delaware it was good! Didn’t flap and was pretty quiet
I hope they don’t ask you for pictures of your balls

🤣🤣🤣

Exodus 4x4

Nice! Yea I believe the 3.5 will be perfect for a daily and still make it super capable of a wheeler when we take it out.

Honestly the Dynatrac 2” lift is pretty great and isn’t as “intrusive” as a 3.5” lift. If you need more clearance you can always add the Rubi fenders. I think the JL’s look so much better with less.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly the Dynatrac 2” lift is pretty great and isn’t as “intrusive” as a 3.5” lift. If you need more clearance you can always add the Rubi fenders. I think the JL’s look so much better with less.

Honestly the JK and the JL both look better lower.

I just looked up the price for the fenders. $600+/- isn’t bad for all 4. Was thinking they would cost way more. Might have to do that and that way I can go a little smaller on the lift.

Top Bottom