Seat Belt Light - Searched Everywhere

j33pZ

I realize this is the sort of thing nobody wants to read about let alone offer any suggestions about but I am the type that tries to fix problems with the jeep no matter how small because it could affect something else down the line. I have searched the web for hours and I cannot seem to find anyone complaining about the exact problem I have.
My 2011 JK has a seat belt light constantly on. As soon as I start it the light comes on and doesnt turn off until I turn off the jeep.
I never hear a chime. Ever.
Happens with a passenger or without a passenger.
Happens with the buckle connected or not connected.
Checked the connections under the seat but I am still trying to learn more about whats going on under there.
I dont have any other lights or chimes, except for the occasional random low tire pressure indicator light.
I dont know what the hell.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

WJCO

Meme King
Any codes?

As far as the wiring, any time there is extra resistance in air bag or seat belt wiring, it can cause a light to come on. Many manufacturers even have bulletins to clean connectors or update wiring harness. Hard to say. Look for any pinched wires or crap under the seat that may have impacted the wiring.

j33pZ

Thanks WJCO. Only code is C2205 Steering Angle Sensor Internal.
Inspected the wires, no damage that I can see. Nothing under the seats. I'll try my hand at cleaning the wire connectors.

Rubbing alcohol and a q tip to clean electrical connections. Let dry completely before hooking up.
Its weird there isnt a chime, there should be a chime if it thinks you arent buckled. Does it flash ever or just steady on?

sph801

Try the method below. This turns the chimes off but keeps the light on. I believe it works in Revere as well.

-Get in.
-Buckle-up
-turn the key to ACC on.
-Once the seatbelt dummy light goes out, unbuckle and buckle 3 or more times.
-turn off and remove the key. You should hear a confirmation tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j33pZ

Rubbing alcohol and a q tip to clean electrical connections. Let dry completely before hooking up.
Its weird there isnt a chime, there should be a chime if it thinks you arent buckled. Does it flash ever or just steady on?
Thanks Snboarder. It never flashes. Just steady on after I turn the key to on. Until I turn the key to off.
There was a time when it operated normally, but not anymore.

j33pZ

Try the method below. This turns the chimes off but keeps the light on. I believe it works in Revere as well.

-Get in.
-Buckle-up
-turn the key to ACC on.
-Once the seatbelt dummy light goes out, unbuckle and buckle 3 or more times.
-turn off and remove the key. You should hear a confirmation tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. The problem with that is that the light never goes out. I tried it anyway after the airbag light went out, but nothing happened. Tried with the drivers and passengers side buckle.

Bierpower

Hooked
I noticed something similar with my dog in the jeep (light on w/no chime) so I'll give any insight I can.

I had the dog in the front seat and made it at least an hour down the road before the seatbelt light came on. I realized that the dog had moved her paw and tripped the occupancy censor on the passenger seat.

My best guess, based on this, would be that you have a short in the occupancy censor on the passenger seat. I looked under my seat but as you said, can't make heads or tails of which plug goes where.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
If you don't care if the light ever comes on I wonder if you can just turn the light off? I know there's a program that gets brought up here regularly that allows you to alter system settings. Cannot think of the name off the top of my head.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If you don't care if the light ever comes on I wonder if you can just turn the light off? I know there's a program that gets brought up here regularly that allows you to alter system settings. Cannot think of the name off the top of my head.

JScan will disable the seatbelt alert. I’m not sure if it’s both the chime and light or just the chime as I have not messed with it.

IMG_1679.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
If i recall correctly, a bad clock spring will also trigger the seat belt warning light with no codes

j33pZ

I thought I might go ahead and update this thread for the millions of people following it. I disconnected and cleaned with DeOxit every electrical connection underneath the driver and passenger seat. Not only did that suck, it made no difference.
Because I was getting that code, and because the right turn signal just recently started fast blinking, I replaced the clock spring with a new mopar part. My steering wheel buttons are no longer intermittently working, they work all the time now.
Chrysler Clock spring. What a hunk of garbage.
I still have the always lit seatbelt light. Nothing I have done up to this point has helped remedy that. Besides the cosmetic annoyance, I am worried that the airbag wont work. Which airbag? Hell if I know. I assume neither of them will work. I guess I will just keep driving like grandma and hope nobody oncoming swerves into my lane.
I am out of ideas. Fn electrical POS!

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
When you cleaned the wiring harnesses’ connectors did any of them appear to have damaged wiring (even a sharp abnormal bend/kink)? Do you have a multimeter? If you do, use the resistance setting and verify that the continuity of any questionable wires. If you don’t find anything, then I would verify your ground wires/straps for your sensors and instrument cluster (start with the ones I. The foot wells (front driver and passenger side).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom