Flat fender flares, 33s and a lift? (2 door)

13stocjohn

So a little back ground here.. I have a 2012 two door Jeep Wrangler sport. I’m running a 2.5 inch RC suspension lift with 33 inch Mickey Thompson MTZ P3s on a 17 inch wheel with an additional -4 offset.

I’m curious about going with a full set of flat fender flares from Barricade in the future. I’ve read other forums similar to what I’m asking here and the answers are very mixed.

Would flat fenders on my set up make my tires look too small or would they make the overall set up look ok? Any pictures would help and I always enjoy seeing other people’s’ builds!

61525775375__E66FED7B-41D0-4BD8-8DC6-74B2FB82FF64.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

How it "looks" is subject to each person's taste and opinion. That's why you get such a variety of answers.

Ultimately it is up to your taste how it looks. You should build what makes you happy and worry less about what the crowd thinks of it.

That's my two cents worth.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Only my Opinion: I think when you are running 35’s or smaller.. a large gap can make the tires look even smaller.... I’m running a 3” lift with 35” TG’s & 3.5” backspace.... I only cut about 1” off the fender to keep the gap small.. but not rub... I know If I went with Flat fenders I’d be rushing to 37’s to fill it out more..

Adjustments.jpg

BaddestCross

Totally subjective as stated. Personally, I think 33s with 2.5 lift and flat fenders would look awkward.

When I bought mine, she came with 33s on a 1" spacer lift and big ugly fenders.
222391022.jpg
I upgraded to a 2.5" spring lift and 35s
1019565266.jpg
And finally to about 3.5" with flat fenders for her 37s
1255214231.jpeg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
Save your money. It'll look goofy. If you're really interested in the look, get a set of stock take offs from the internet and cut 'em. Then you can put your old ones back on when it looks funny. You're only out the cost of some $50 fenders and some new plastic clips.

I ran cut flatties on 37's, but now that I'm back on 35's the OEM fenders looked better. It also really cuts down on road spray too.

Top Bottom