Stay The Hell Away

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
So, the other day I was driving down the road and it started to rain here in Tucson and my Jeep started to act up electrically. The engine started to run super rough, I was getting the general misfire code P0300. I had dash lights going on and off. I did not know if I was going to make it home. I finally got her home and let her sit for awhile. So, that night I popped my hood open and started my Jeep and it ran normal again with no fault codes. So, I decided to spray the engine with water from a spray bottle. Holy Crap, my brand new spark plug wires from Livewires were arcing all over the place from all over of the wires. One area of major concern was off of Spark Plug wires 1,3 and 5 by the Ignition coil arcing to the two main wiring harnesses that sit to the back driver side of the ignition coil. It look like a mad scientist laboratory. The Jeep started to idle extremely rough again. After everything dried up, I checked it again and you could still see some smaller arcs. I bought the Screaming Demon Ignition Coil with Livewires to replace my bad Ignition coil (it went bad at 160k miles). I had to warranty the wires out once because they literally disintegrated after a year and just put this set in about a week ago. Well, needless to say I returned them for a full refund and went to the dealership and bought the OEM Ignition Coil and Spark Plug Wires and then bought some good ole Champion Spark Plugs and wouldn't you know it, Jeep runs great even after spraying the engine with the hose (not near the intake obviously).

So, two points to take way, 1) Check your Spark plug wires at night in the dark, 2) stick with OEM plug wires and Ignition coil.

Performance distributors can kiss my butt,

Attachments

• 3EEC1AD5-4AF3-46BF-9C3E-C1A10D4CB0B1.jpg
    3EEC1AD5-4AF3-46BF-9C3E-C1A10D4CB0B1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 210
  • D66C3F49-F652-4A97-A97D-C514224E9246.jpg
    D66C3F49-F652-4A97-A97D-C514224E9246.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

jdofmemi

So, the other day I was driving down the road and it started to rain here in Tucson and my Jeep started to act up electrically. The engine started to run super rough, I was getting the general misfire code P0300. I had dash lights going on and off. I did not know if I was going to make it home. I finally got her home and let her sit for awhile. So, that night I popped my hood open and started my Jeep and it ran normal again with no fault codes. So, I decided to spray the engine with water from a spray bottle. Holy Crap, my brand new spark plug wires from Livewires were arcing all over the place from all over of the wires. One area of major concern was off of Spark Plug wires 1,3 and 5 by the Ignition coil arcing to the two main wiring harnesses that sit to the back driver side of the ignition coil. It look like a mad scientist laboratory. The Jeep started to idle extremely rough again. After everything dried up, I checked it again and you could still see some smaller arcs. I bought the Screaming Demon Ignition Coil with Livewires to replace my bad Ignition coil (it went bad at 160k miles). I had to warranty the wires out once because they literally disintegrated after a year and just put this set in about a week ago. Well, needless to say I returned them for a full refund and went to the dealership and bought the OEM Ignition Coil and Spark Plug Wires and then bought some good ole Champion Spark Plugs and wouldn't you know it, Jeep runs great even after spraying the engine with the hose (not near the intake obviously).

So, two points to take way, 1) Check your Spark plug wires at night in the dark, 2) stick with OEM plug wires and Ignition coil.

Performance distributors can kiss my butt,

Sounds like quite the performance they put on🤣🤣🤣

Just not the kind of performance you though you were buying.

Top Bottom