Dynomax 39459 Question

BlacknRedJK

The time has come to change up the exhaust on my JK. I was looking at the dynomax 39459 kit as UT requires the exhaust to come out behind the rear axle but I haven't been able to find the kit in stock anywhere. Has this kit been discontinued?

The time has come to change up the exhaust on my JK. I was looking at the dynomax 39459 kit as UT requires the exhaust to come out behind the rear axle but I haven't been able to find the kit in stock anywhere. Has this kit been discontinued?

Are you interested in the pre axle dump quietcrawler setup? Only reason I ask is maybe that law is not enforced as much as you think. Maybe someone else from UT will chime in. But to me, it sounds like one of those headlocks aren’t street legal laws.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlacknRedJK

EDIT: my bad you have a 3.8. There are other pre axle dump configurations for that engine that sound nice though.

Thanks for the recommendation on the quiet crawler. As you noted, I do have the 3.8 and dynomax does make a kit that resembles the same exit location for the 3.8, but with annual emissions checks I think it would be more of a headache than benefit to have it dump before the axle.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I’ve been running this kit for about a year. A quick google search shows it currently available from various online vendors.

wjtstudios

Hooked
A quality muffler shop should be able to bend up a behind axle dump that Clears the axle and track bar. It gets tight, but it can work.

Another place to check is Magnaflow. They make a “rockcrawler exhaust” part number 15239 that I ran for years. It was a bit louder than I wanted so I spliced back in the factory resonator and it was fine.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the recommendation on the quiet crawler. As you noted, I do have the 3.8 and dynomax does make a kit that resembles the same exit location for the 3.8, but with annual emissions checks I think it would be more of a headache than benefit to have it dump before the axle.

If you're on good terms with the garage you have do your inspections chances are they'll do the ol wink and nod on that setup. It's also "not legal" in Pa but my guy never says anything.
That part of the exhaust that goes to the bumper sometimes falls off ;)

BlacknRedJK

If you're on good terms with the garage you have do your inspections chances are they'll do the ol wink and nod on that setup. It's also "not legal" in Pa but my guy never says anything.
That part of the exhaust that goes to the bumper sometimes falls off ;)

That’s an option as well. I thought about buying the rockcrawler kit with the tail pipe at the bumper and buying the elbow for the short kit. Run it in front of the axle and worst case I put the pipe on for the inspection

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom