ABS and Traction Control lights

mjr11

I have a 2014 jku with 70,000 miles. The abs and traction control lights both came on during a road trip yesterday. They stayed on for the remaining 75 miles of the trip. I drove it 25 miles today and the lights didn’t come on at all. I did some research and it appears that the common culprit is a wheel speed sensor. Any thoughts on the sporadic nature of the lights? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 jku with 70,000 miles. The abs and traction control lights both came on during a road trip yesterday. They stayed on for the remaining 75 miles of the trip. I drove it 25 miles today and the lights didn’t come on at all. I did some research and it appears that the common culprit is a wheel speed sensor. Any thoughts on the sporadic nature of the lights? Thanks

Usually it is a wheel speed sensor that is loose or went out. If it still happens after you replace whichever is bad. Sometimes it can be the clock spring went bad too.

mjr11

Usually it is a wheel speed sensor that is loose or went out. If it still happens after you replace whichever is bad. Sometimes it can be the clock spring went bad too.

Thanks. Hadn’t thought about the clock spring. I forgot to mention in my original question that the tire pressure light had been on for several weeks but all tires were good. When the abs/traction control lights came on the tire pressure light went out. It was off today too.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Also check the plugs at the rear sensor and where they plug into the wire harness up under the body.

If all those are good, the other possibility is one of the front wheel unit bearing is beginning to fail. The wheel speed sensor is built into the unit bearing on the front.

If you have a code reader, it will direct you to which wheel is having the issue.

Good luck[emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom