Building Clementine

rmccown

Hi folks. Havent posted here much, but now I have something to post about!

Last night I finally pulled the trigger on my 2019 JL Sahara build. The gory details:

Dana UD60s with 4.88
2 1/2" Rock Krawler X-factor stage 1 lift
Synergy steering upgrades
Adams 1350 drive shafts
KMC XD232 in machined finish
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
EVO tire carrier
JCR Crusaider rock sliders
SPOD touchscreen switch system
Tazer

I already have EVO skid plates and an LOD Signature stubby on it. Winch is in the garage, and I need to get Rubicon fender flares for some more clearance.

ziJcFuM.jpg

Sounds like a great build! Is it possible to trim the fender flares you have? I’m jealous of the color match. Especially on a unique color like that. You should try and keep that color match if at all possible.

Check out this build for reference:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/33950-Birth-of-Phoenix

Page 1 has the actual trimming, but page 36 shows the rig in its proper glory with 40s filling out the wheel wells. Love those fenders...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

rmccown

Sounds like a great build! Is it possible to trim the fender flares you have? I’m jealous of the color match. Especially on a unique color like that. You should try and keep that color match if at all possible.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yea, I really like the color match, too. Ive been looking for a set of punk'n Rubi flares but no luck. I need to call my bodyshop and see what they'd charge to paint a set. Allegedly, I can *probably* trim off up to the color. That'd give me an excuse to get the low-profile directional lights, too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea, I really like the color match, too. Ive been looking for a set of punk'n Rubi flares but no luck. I need to call my bodyshop and see what they'd charge to paint a set. Allegedly, I can *probably* trim off up to the color. That'd give me an excuse to get the low-profile directional lights, too.

Quadratec has them with a “paintable primer” that way you can have them color matched
IMG_0574.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
You might want to check your dealership, and possibly your body shop for price on fenders, the body shop might take it easier on you if you buy the parts from them.

You will probably need fender liners as well

I just bought a factory passenger rear flair, fender liner, fender clips, and the plastic rivets to assemble everything from the dealership for just a hair under $350, it didn't come primed but all that was needed was a wipe down with wax & grease remover, scuff with scotch brite pad, epoxy sealer, paint, and clear coat. It was more labor intensive to tape off all of the black trim around the fender than everything else combined.

If you are planning on color matching your tire carrier it would probably save some money to get it done same time as the fenders.

Good luck with the build

rmccown

Thanks, we're psyched with how its turning out. Cant wait to get it in the rocks and see how she does now.

DP1120

Nice build. Were you going to go ram assist also or are you just going to brace the steering on it and see how it does?

rmccown

Nice build. Were you going to go ram assist also or are you just going to brace the steering on it and see how it does?

Just going to brace the steering and see how it fares. This is already pushing the limit of our budget, so a couple things had to wait. :D

rmccown

Shop sent a few pictures today. Almost done, waiting for driveshafts and a few suspension tweaks.

View attachment 352418

Looks great! Cool color. What license plate bracket is that? Does it flip up?

Yea, it flips up so when I get the winch in there, it wont block things when I need it. Found it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7S67X1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I needed something since I need to run a front plate here in MA.

rmccown

Shop sent another picture just now of them doing final adjustments. Hoping I can go pick it up after work today.

image5.jpg

Top Bottom