VIDEO : Synergy JL Wrangler Parking Brake Relocation Bracket

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you’ve got a Jeep JL Wrangler and are wanting to lift it 3” or more, you’re gonna need to do something about your parking brake or emergency brake cables. From the factory, these cables are routed up and over one of the rear cross members and when you run longer shocks or install coilovers that allow for a lot more droop, they will effectively become limiting straps. Fortunately, the fix for this is to simply re-route the cables underneath the cross member but in order to do that, you are going to want something like a Synergy parking brake relocation bracket. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install one and with your Jeep on the ground. We hope you find this video to be helpful.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Super simple install and a good design for sure. Did you have any issues with the cables when you ran the 2” lifts from Dynatrac or rancho when flexed out? Figured this might even be good for the lower lifts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super simple install and a good design for sure. Did you have any issues with the cables when you ran the 2” lifts from Dynatrac or rancho when flexed out? Figured this might even be good for the lower lifts

Not with the Dynatrac lift as it didn't yield enough travel to make a difference. The Rancho kit actually came with a relocation bracket and it's what we were running. Being that this bracket is relatively new, we thought we'd test it out as well.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice... what did you do with your JK's? ... when I put my lift on it seemed really tight so I just let the cables hang with a couple zip ties.... I just looked at it right now and the zip ties are gone but it seems like it has more play to bolt the JK's "wire" metal bracket back to the stock position.... I was actually going to fab something up like Synergys JL bracket... But I totally forgot about it till now.

Ddays

Hooked
When I was putting my Dynatrac lift on Saturday the e-brake cables were holding the axle up. I thought I was going to have to unhook them but was able to get the springs in. Anything more and these would be a must.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been eyeing this thing for some time now. Thanks for the install video looks super easy [emoji106]

You bet! Glad we could share this with you :)

Nice... what did you do with your JK's? ... when I put my lift on it seemed really tight so I just let the cables hang with a couple zip ties.... I just looked at it right now and the zip ties are gone but it seems like it has more play to bolt the JK's "wire" metal bracket back to the stock position.... I was actually going to fab something up like Synergys JL bracket... But I totally forgot about it till now.

On my JK's, I just removed the wire bracket and just let my cables dangle there. Never been a problem for me.

When I was putting my Dynatrac lift on Saturday the e-brake cables were holding the axle up. I thought I was going to have to unhook them but was able to get the springs in. Anything more and these would be a must.

Yup, anything more and it would be a problem. And I should note, anything more and you REALLY NEED to address the Rubicon locker wiring. If you don't, you will damage it when flexing.

Ddays

Hooked
Yup, anything more and it would be a problem. And I should note, anything more and you REALLY NEED to address the Rubicon locker wiring. If you don't, you will damage it when flexing.

For sure - I was eyeing that up and it gets pretty tight Have you done anything with yours after the higher lifts and coilover install?.

jeeeep

Hooked
nice, after the 2.5" lift I installed I thought the brake cables were close to being a limiting strap but haven't fully drooped to find out, this looks like an easy solution :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is a cool and simple solution. My holder on the JK just ripped right off LOL.

Yeah, that's normal. Just leave it ripped off :)

nice, after the 2.5" lift I installed I thought the brake cables were close to being a limiting strap but haven't fully drooped to find out, this looks like an easy solution :thumb:

Cool - glad we could share this with you :)

Top Bottom