Jeep JT 3.0L EcoDiesel

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I’d still rather have the Eco Diesel over the hemi. The low end torque and increased fuel economy is appealing. I loved my Audi Q7 TDI. If the FCA diesel driveability is anywhere close to the 3.0 TDI that was in my Q7 I’d be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's, it'll be coming for the 2021 model. I'm pretty sure it'll be shipping by this August :yup:

jwrangler15

Yeah I would like to see the reliability first of this new engine. Seems like the last gen in the ram didn fair to well. I would love to see Jeep put the hemi in the wrangler or gladiator, but why are they pushing for the 6.4? Why not try the 5.7 as well? Feel like the 6.4 is gonna cost out the wazoo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JTTrailDraggin

I was going to buy a 21 gladiator with the diesel. I had a second gen Ram 1500 and had 61k trouble free miles. I just replaced that with a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 3rd gen EcoDiesel engine. So far it’s awesome with just a little over 3000 miles on it. It’s AMAZING ON FUEL! We were going to order a 21 Gladiator with the diesel but just couldn’t justify the cost of Diesel engine over the gas engine. When I ordered my Ram 1500 they had a deal on the 3rd gen Ecodiesel. Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen in the JT sadly. They wanted almost 9k Canadian for the diesel with the 8spd auto in the JT. As a result we bought a Rubicon that they had on the lot with the V6. Super happy with it so far. Jeep got it right with the JT platform.

bOLsAK3

Order-up

Just put my order in today at the dealership. Waiting on the actual order/ build sheet to track. Sport S eco-d in sting grey

wjtstudios

Hooked
Congrats, just wait till you take it to the dealership and get your first oil change. If they are anything like the Ram’s Diesel oil changes, They are pricey!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

benatc1

Hooked
Congrats, just wait till you take it to the dealership and get your first oil change. If they are anything like the Ram’s Diesel oil changes, They are pricey!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I do my own oil changes but just brought it in for my first tranny service and had them do fuel filters (to save the mess in my garage like last time) just those 2 were a cool grand. Ugh. Will find a way to do my own trans service when I hit 60k.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I do my own oil changes but just brought it in for my first tranny service and had them do fuel filters (to save the mess in my garage like last time) just those 2 were a cool grand. Ugh. Will find a way to do my own trans service when I hit 60k.

Ughh, I didn’t want to deal with the fuel filters so I’ve taken it in for the oil/fuel filter change. Pair that with a tire rotation snd its $600. Crazy.. my fuel filters cycle out with my oil filters according the the life span gauges.

How many miles do yo have on yours?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

benatc1

Hooked
Ughh, I didn’t want to deal with the fuel filters so I’ve taken it in for the oil/fuel filter change. Pair that with a tire rotation snd its $600. Crazy.. my fuel filters cycle out with my oil filters according the the life span gauges.

How many miles do yo have on yours?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Fuel filters are a huge PITA, especially the rear one,ales a god awful mess as it's directly above drive shaft. need to rig up a drain system or something, I don't have a lift so crawling under didn't leave much room for the trans service.

I'm at 33k, to my surprise, the Aisen requiree trans service at 30k, I actually didn't realize it until I was a little over the mark.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Fuel filters are a huge PITA, especially the rear one,ales a god awful mess as it's directly above drive shaft. need to rig up a drain system or something, I don't have a lift so crawling under didn't leave much room for the trans service.

I'm at 33k, to my surprise, the Aisen requiree trans service at 30k, I actually didn't realize it until I was a little over the mark.

Ok good to know, I’m at 28k.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked

Just looked it up. Looks like we are supposed to do our diffs too at 20k.

Edit: looks like more for off road use for a fluid change at 20k.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Ok good to know, I’m at 28k.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I'm sure the majority of road warriors it's barely ready but they have to set that # for all the heavy haulers, ect, that abuse it more. Though you probably tow more than I do but gotta keep up with it either way. I think the service for the one with non HO motor is like a 60k turn
Just looked it up. Looks like we are supposed to do our diffs too at 20k.

Edit: looks like more for off road use for a fluid change at 20k.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Good to know, I was actually going to check on diffs soon, even though in don't tow much or go off road. That should be easy at least lol.

78cj7

Yeah I would like to see the reliability first of this new engine. Seems like the last gen in the ram didn fair to well. I would love to see Jeep put the hemi in the wrangler or gladiator, but why are they pushing for the 6.4? Why not try the 5.7 as well? Feel like the 6.4 is gonna cost out the wazoo.

I agree with the 5.7 sentiment. The 392 SRT is more power than I need in a Jeep (I know others will disagree). However, I don't want the diesel:

1. Its expensive up front.
2. Cold Weather. It is in the negative 20s (Fahrenheit) almost every morning in December, January, and February where I live, and we can get temps around 0 randomly about 9 months out of the year. This last September we had a cold snap out of the blue and it was negative 3 a few mornings. That makes managing diesel fuel a PIA because you cannot anticipate the cold temps.
3. Modern diesel emissions systems can be a hassle if you don't get them up to temp regularly, and they are expensive to maintain out of warranty.
4. V8 power is good enough or better than the diesel (depending which V8 you compare to):
5.7 Hemi truck: 395 HP / 410 Lb-Ft
6.4 Hemi truck: 410 HP / 429 Lb-Ft
6.4 Hemi SRT: 470 HP / 470 Lb-Ft

In a sensible world, we would have the 5.7 option for $2,000 more than the 3.6 Pentastar (for comparison, that is the price bump to go from the 3.3 V6 to the 5.0 V8 in a Ford F-150). The 5.7 would provide great power for a Gladiator. Sure, its a little down on torque compared to the diesel, but (1) it makes much better horsepower, (2) there are no cold-weather worries, and (3) no crazy-ass emissions systems. It seems like an obvious option, one that is time-tested, and one that is relatively affordable.

JKbrick

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ya I think I shit my pants the first oil change in my Ram! The GMC is not near as much

Top Bottom