Coding the Gladiator

4Hi&4lo

Just purchased a 2020 Rubicon Gladiator this past weekend and delivery is this Saturday, can't wait! One of the first questions I have is related to the nav system. Mine has the 8.4 in case it matters. Is there a way to code the vehicle to eliminate the limitation for inputting an address in motion? I have the Carly adapter and app for my BMW's for years and it's great what can be done to tweak the car. Is anyone aware of the ability to code a Jeep for this and possibly the ESS being inactive at start up/ Thanks for the insight and looking forward to gettin' and given waves.

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome and congrats. I don't know the answer on the screen question but I'm sure someone here does. As far as the ESS, you can buy a Tazer. Tazer is pretty popular for the JL and JT for custom settings. It won't eliminate the ESS but it will leave it in whatever position that you choose to. So for example, if you have it disabled by pushing the button, it will stay that way each time you start the vehicle; basically the Tazer 'remembers' the way that you set it.

EDIT: Looks like the Tazer or Tazer Mini will address your navigation concern. Chart says "navigation address entry in motion."

Here's a link:

https://www.zautomotive.com/product-category/tazer/

And here's a chart comparing the 3 models:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom