Thread: Mild A/T tires for an old Honda Pilot?

Mild A/T tires for an old Honda Pilot?

Sorry to post non-jeep content here but this is the only online group I trust for advice.

Our old AWD Pilot (it'll never die...) needs new shoes. It does double duty as the car the kids drive and occasional runs to the dump since the cargo capacity is crazy for a boring midsize suv. Currently have Kumho Road Venture A/T's installed but I've been disappointed with the tread life. Decent tires other than that but I'd like to try something different. Anyone have any experience with a Cooper offering that would fall into this category? This vehicle sees about 85% pavement but since we're in AK, "pavement" may not mean much. It will also see lots of snow and ice of course.

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Sorry to post non-jeep content here but this is the only online group I trust for advice.

Our old AWD Pilot (it'll never die...) needs new shoes. It does double duty as the car the kids drive and occasional runs to the dump since the cargo capacity is crazy for a boring midsize suv. Currently have Kumho Road Venture A/T's installed but I've been disappointed with the tread life. Decent tires other than that but I'd like to try something different. Anyone have any experience with a Cooper offering that would fall into this category? This vehicle sees about 85% pavement but since we're in AK, "pavement" may not mean much. It will also see lots of snow and ice of course.

Thanks for the advice!
    We have the Cooper Discoverer AT3-4S on one of the Liberty’s and have been really happy with them. It’s been 2.5 years / 25k and they still look new and have barely worn. I paid $650 all in and at the time got a $70 rebate. I would buy them again!

IMG_1708.jpg

Actual pics:

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg
    Last edited by sipafz; 07-20-2020 at 08:05 PM.

I've had good luck with BFG All Terrains on many other vehicles. Not sure if they make a size small enough on a Pilot but if you keep them rotated, they last a long time.
    "And I sincerely believe with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." -Thomas Jefferson.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch

Check out the Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. It's a hybrid of all-terrain and mud tires. Love how it performs on and off-road. Also, its not loud unlike other A/T tires.
    Last edited by OverlanderJK; 09-07-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiontroe View Post
    Also, its not loud unlike other A/T tires.
    Agree on the good tire part. I'm at almost 50k on my set. Work great. Unfortunately, as for the loud part, just wait.......
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps