Roof rack help

chester

I want to get a roof rack problem is they all mount to the body, which won’t work with body lift. Any recommendations I’m not afraid to drill. Thanks

chester

Forgot to mention no hardtop.

Attachments

• A5CBDD76-A092-4F61-A587-89250AF1C1BD.jpg
    A5CBDD76-A092-4F61-A587-89250AF1C1BD.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 121

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
What are you intending to use the rack for? If you take the body lift off, there are a lot of options, but it will come down to what you really need and how much you want to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I have the garvin adventure rack. It doesn’t mount to the body
IMG_5093.jpg

I only run it in the winter/spring for a ski rack

jesse3638

Hooked
I want to get a roof rack problem is they all mount to the body, which won’t work with body lift. Any recommendations I’m not afraid to drill. Thanks
Why won't a rack that mounts to the body work with a body lift? I'm failing to the issue. Body goes up, rack goes up with it. Now if it was frame mounted I could see how it wouldn't work with a body lift. Body goes up frame and rack stay put. Body hits rack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Extend it with steel the length of the body lift. Also another vote for ditch the body lift.

Why won't a rack that mounts to the body work with a body lift? I'm failing to the issue. Body goes up, rack goes up with it. Now if it was frame mounted I could see how it wouldn't work with a body lift. Body goes up frame and rack stay put. Body hits rack.

If im not mistaken I believe they mount body at windshield and frame / bumper rear?

jesse3638

Hooked
Extend it with steel the length of the body lift. Also another vote for ditch the body lift.

If im not mistaken I believe they mount body at windshield and frame / bumper rear?
Yeah i could see how that wouldn't work. I seem to remember an old work jeep we had had a rack that mounted to the windshield and then mounted to the rear 1/4 panels.

Top Bottom