2017 cruise control won’t turn on

Braxtonsag

Went to use my cruise control the other day and it won’t even turn on. Iv had the trail doors on all spring and summer and it’s gotten rained in a ton but usually only the seats and floor get wet. I can’t really find any info pertaining to newer jks since the older ones had such bad clockspring issues. Anyone have any info? Have a trip to moab coming up and no cruise would be awful.

No lights on the dash, wheel sensors appear to be in good shape

nbunga

Caught the Bug
E-brake’s not up a little bit is it. Also if it’s a manual the clutch return spring could be loose not pulling it all the way up. Or the switch for the clutch could be out of adjustment, not sure how the switch is setup on a jk but I’ve had they on a sent before.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’ve had it happen with the doors off. It’s been my experience that every time something weird happens, the doors are off. In my case, I tried it a few days later and it worked like normal. I’ve had issues with the stereo (430) losing the background picture and other settings, again only when the doors are off. Probably nothing to worry about.

Braxtonsag

I’ve had it happen with the doors off. It’s been my experience that every time something weird happens, the doors are off. In my case, I tried it a few days later and it worked like normal. I’ve had issues with the stereo (430) losing the background picture and other settings, again only when the doors are off. Probably nothing to worry about.

Yeah I have the doors back on now, really wanting to avoid the dealership lol.

jeeeep

Hooked
Cruise control failure was the 1st thing to fail on my JK because of the clockspring

It then begin to act erratically until other issues begin to appear

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Mine seems to depend on steering wheel position. I find that if the cruise doesn’t work I turn the wheel just slightly either way and it will work. Same thing with the display buttons on the other side of the steering wheel.

It’s always done it even after the clock spring was replaced

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom