JKU Amplifier Rack

Grunt8541

I am installing a new sound system in my JKU. I have already purchased all the hardware, now I’m preparing to do the install.
My question is:
Has anyone else ever mounted an amplifier rack under the rear seats? There seems to be plenty of room. I’m looking to see someone else’s rack build and see if there is anything that I am not considering.
I have yet to find anyone online who has done it, so it’s making me second guess my decision. Thoughts?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I am installing a new sound system in my JKU. I have already purchased all the hardware, now I’m preparing to do the install.
My question is:
Has anyone else ever mounted an amplifier rack under the rear seats? There seems to be plenty of room. I’m looking to see someone else’s rack build and see if there is anything that I am not considering.
I have yet to find anyone online who has done it, so it’s making me second guess my decision. Thoughts?

It would interfere with being able to lay the rear seats down I would think. If you don't lay your seats down may not be an issue to you, only major issue I see.

jeeeep

Hooked
My question is:

nothing will fit under the rear seat if you plan to fold it down.

I've got mine under the passenger seat on a rack, I'll take a pic tomorrow

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I also got an amplifier mounted under front passenger seat. I wish I went with a marine version amplifier, that would be ok to get wet. If I ever manage to drown the one I have I will replace with marine grade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I have one under both front seats. Deep water is a no no for me. Dont wanna drown the amps or the motor.
But under the front seats is a better option than the rear seats. I lay my rear seats down to often.

iraqredbull

I have a 2 door so no under seat mounting available. I mounted my amp under the steering column, attached to the knee bolster support. No way to ever get wet because it is mounted up of the floor and the seat would be fully underwater before water got to the amp.

I used a small dimensional 4 channel, 400W amp. I was going to use a similar sized 1 channel amp for the sub that would have been mounted either to the bottom of the amp rack or to the left interior wall behind the speaker pod (closer to the firewall). Instead I chose a powered sub with an internal amp that I can move and remove at any time due to the quick connect plugs on the box.

Sent from my LM-V405 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom