Lets Build an Extension Wiring Harness for Front Turn Signal Lights

NoAIm1337

Hey Everyone!

So i started down the path of changing out my front lights to LED on my 2015 JKU and I've been having the most difficult time finding an extension harness for the turn signal lights. My Jeep encountered hyper flash on one turn signal when i swapped out the OEM lights for smoked LED. Although this after market product came with the resistors to install, it involved me having to splice/tap into the OEM wires.

I would much rather not do that and just get a harness that i can do all my tapping into from there... I have spent hours looking for a solution but haven't seemed to find one without having to buy the full wiring harness. I have dug around and have found some of the OEM parts list from Mopar, but cant quite seem to find everything needed to just build one. Has anyone found a solution or can share the parts used to build one?

The adapter that is used to plug into the lights is 68065016AB, and i have found the OEM:

(found one on Amazon)

I think i just need the connector that is usually on the bulb side to make the harness but perhaps I'm wrong here.

fiend

Caught the Bug
You need a resistor because LEDs use a lot less current than the OE bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

NoAIm1337

You need a resistor because LEDs use a lot less current than the OE bulbs.

Correct, and I'm ready to do that, but i don't want to splice into the OEM wires. I know there's after market LEDs that already have the built in resistors, but i figured why not make this a project and something we can all solve in case someone does what i did and bought a more affordable off brand without the built in resistors. I'm thinking of making a extension wire harness so i can splice into it for putting the resistors on. I haven't been able to find one already built, not even an off brand. So I'm thinking why not just build one. Wondering if anyone has done this before and if so, what were the parts or what did you use?

Top Bottom