Current Thoughts: Best Programmer for JK?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy,

Doing a lift and regearing shortly, need to get a programmer. Searching the site, haven't seen anything 'recent' about programmers.

What is the best programmer currently? Looking to adjust for gearing, tire size, as well as change settings for things like sway bar disconnect (Rubi), TPMS, and probably some other things I don't know can be done<g>.

Input's appreciated.

:)

jjlong

I use the AEV Procal. It's pretty simple to use and does everything you asked for plus a few more.

rubiDave

I cant say it's the best because, I haven't tried anything else, but the jscan app will do everything you mentioned. Last time I checked it was the cheapest option. Downside to it is zero documentation and the only official support is through facebook. There's a thread on here about it and what it can do.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whitarmy

Ive used JScan and Superchips. Like both but each have their benefits. JScan can do everything the superchips can except the performance tunes that I couldn’t tell a difference in. Some areas JScan can do more. I’d just do JScan if I did it over again.

2008 JKU
2014 JKR
2020 JTR

sipafz

Caught the Bug
JScan will do everything listed for less than $50 cost if you have a JK, JKU or many pre 2018 FCA vehicles. JL, JLU & JT requires a security bypass cable which will double the cost or more depending on how savvy your shopping skills are.

The down side to JScan is there is no documentation or user manual of any kind. It’s kind of intuitive, but not all the adaptations listed within the app work or at least I haven’t figured out how to work them.

The developer can be reached via FB and seems to be somewhat responsive to questions.

I’ve personally programmed or changed the following:

Tire Size
TPMS Target & Range
Activate DRL
Activate Backup Camera
Deactivate High Beam / Fog Light Dropout
Center Steering Wheel
Test Cooling Fan
Other Misc. User Settings

I’ve heard that others were able to correct for different gears and make Rubicon Sway Bar adjustments.

Top Bottom