Daily Ha Ha - 9

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Here's a good one for you....

Late June, placed an order for 5 sets of rim, tire, TPMS, lug nuts, etc. Rims were backordered, no problemo. Only two weeks.

2nd week July, vendor A sends me note, says, got tires, rims no available until 7/30. What do I want to do. I checked vendor B. They have rims, no tires.

So, I get tires from A. In stock, ordered rims from B.

Today, I call B and say, where be my rims? Your site says they're in stock. I'm told, they'll be shipped 10 August.

By now, A has 4 of the rims in stock. I'm doing the lift starting tomorrow, I'd like rims. Right?

Calling B, rep says, no problemo, can cancel the order. Placed order with A. A says the rims will show up on Monday.

Few minutes ago, B sends email saying, sorry, no can-do, we actually shipped them on Wednesday, arriving on, yup, you guessed it, Monday.

What a hash.

So, Monday, I expect to receive 9 of these. They're all in transit right now. Somebody, B me thinks, is getting some back.

Method.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
On the bright side......At least your order is probably way more reliable than the covid19 data :idontknow:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
On the bright side......At least your order is probably way more reliable than the covid19 data :idontknow:

That's a no-BS statement, for sure:). I think the public would've been more less skeptical, if they had said, these are our best estimates, we'll adjust as we go. Instead of, we're the experts, these are the facts, type approach.

Or keep them and buy another Jeep to put them on...just saying

I sense a certain logic here. My wife actually would not blink an eye if I tried that on her. Our jeep, Stitch, was initially my daily driver, and now is her's. Seeing a friend's new car the other day, thinking about what to do with sedan, she said, "Don't even think about it." Why? It's been decreed the next vehicle's another Wrangler :). She wants the next new Wrangler.

im confused why youre getting 9 not 8 or 10 lol

I know what you mean. B had 5 in stock. A had 4, had to back order 1.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Good news.

Spoke to vendor B. Excellent customer service. They're issuing a pickup-ticket and will give full refund. They had record of my live chats and calls and could confirm I'd done my due diligence leading up to cancelling.

And, they're going to do a partial return. I'll send back 4. Keep one of their 5. And be able to cancel the 1 on BO w/A.

Given the potential for this to become a major headache, could not be resolved more smoothly.

:)

FFPulley77

Hooked
Good news.

Spoke to vendor B. Excellent customer service. They're issuing a pickup-ticket and will give full refund. They had record of my live chats and calls and could confirm I'd done my due diligence leading up to cancelling.

And, they're going to do a partial return. I'll send back 4. Keep one of their 5. And be able to cancel the 1 on BO w/A.

Given the potential for this to become a major headache, could not be resolved more smoothly.

Sounds like some stand up vendors... can’t wait to see the Jeep with the new wheels and tires!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Good news.

Glad that went well for you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

red84cj7

Good news.

Fantastic outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom