Black hole behind my dash

Grunt8541

I purchased a set of ATP billet grab handles for my 2014 JKU Sport from Northridge 4x4. Everything arrived just as it should. The installation of the driver's side went very smoothly. When I went to install the passenger's side handles, I dropped the top spacer down the newly discovered gap between the windshield and the dashboard. I have been unsuccessful in recovering it. It seems that there is a black hole behind the dash of my jeep.
Has anyone experienced this phenomenon? Does anyone know what relm my spacer could have fallen into?
Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid paying another $130 for one part.
I have contacted Americal Trail Products to see if they will sell me a replacement, I will report back with their response.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I purchased a set of ATP billet grab handles for my 2014 JKU Sport from Northridge 4x4. Everything arrived just as it should. The installation of the driver's side went very smoothly. When I went to install the passenger's side handles, I dropped the top spacer down the newly discovered gap between the windshield and the dashboard. I have been unsuccessful in recovering it. It seems that there is a black hole behind the dash of my jeep.
Has anyone experienced this phenomenon? Does anyone know what relm my spacer could have fallen into?
Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid paying another $130 for one part.
I have contacted Americal Trail Products to see if they will sell me a replacement, I will report back with their response.

You talking into the defroster vents? Or do you have an actual gap? My dash is pretty tight on the windshield but there is definitely vent holes...

If it is metal you may be able to get one of those magnetic tool grabber thingies down there. I would also recommend getting a cheap flexible endoscope of amazon and trying to get visual on it. May be able to figure out a way from there. The dash board isn't too hard to remove also, I had mine off and back on in about 30-45 min I'd guess.

I also would be very surprised if the company didn't just give you one (or sell you one if it's a bigger part than what I'm imagining).

Good luck!

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

Without a pic it’s kinda hard to tell exactly what you’re seeing, but try dropping the windshield to get more visibility and room to work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I know what you’re talking about. There is a gap between the windscreen and the dash with a seal in it too allow the windscreen to fold.

I’d either fold the windscreen or take the top off the dash. Whichever your more comfortable with. It shouldn’t be too hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grunt8541

Without a pic it’s kinda hard to tell exactly what you’re seeing, but try dropping the windshield to get more visibility and room to work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I didn't even think about that. Great call. I will try that this weekend

Thank you

Top Bottom