Roxy

Velominati9693

I haven't made any updates in this thread since I put the lift kit on my 2001 jeep cherokee. I finally got around to installing my rock sliders, with the help of my wife, that have been in the garage for about 6 months. Next weekend I should be getting some new tires installed. The mud terrains I installed during the lifting process have gone bald. When I was under the jeep drilling holes I noticed the front tires have a very weird balding pattern. It looks like hills going across diagonally across. I think it's due to the wheels having a negative caster angle. Anyone have to deal with this issue before amd have any advice on fixing that? 20200802_124652.jpg 20200802_124701.jpg 20200802_132637.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Velominati9693

Just got the new tires on Roxy. It's weird having little road noise coming from my tires. I checked the ball joints and unit bearing they seem to be okay but my axle does have a slight bow so I'm gonna have to replace that sooner than I anticipated. received_722374034991855.jpeg

robx251

Caught the Bug
Just got the new tires on Roxy. It's weird having little road noise coming from my tires. I checked the ball joints and unit bearing they seem to be okay but my axle does have a slight bow so I'm gonna have to replace that sooner than I anticipated. View attachment 351559

I know they make some ball joints that you can adjust to give you more caster and camber, this could be a temporary solution if you need to.

Robert Ring
Central Maine
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
KC1IMA

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.JPG

Tire wear looks to be from over inflation. Ever do a chalk test to confirm proper inflation?

Velominati9693

I saw those on one of the 20 videos I watched on how to fix the issue lol. I'm in the market for a new axle. Either another D30 out of a xj or preferably a D44 out of a TJ if i can find one
I know they make some ball joints that you can adjust to give you more caster and camber, this could be a temporary solution if you need to.

Robert Ring
Central Maine
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
KC1IMA

jdofmemi

I didn't think about it being an over inflation issue [emoji848] I'll look into a chalk test and how to do it. Thanks for the advice!

They definitely look over inflated, and maybe have not been rotated as often as they should. I find mud tires last longer if you rotate them every 4 to 5 thousand miles.

Top Bottom