Wireless Winch Remote Issues

sm31

Nothing like using jumper cables on my solenoid to get the winch to wind in... :rolleyes2:

I've been through a couple of those cheap Amazon wireless winch controllers now. I've certainly gotten what I paid for but this seems like such a simple device and I'm having a tough time diagnosing what went wrong. The remotes themselves are fine, as evidenced by the fact that on the first kit, the "retrieve" switch(?) went out and on the 2nd it was the opposite. The solenoid is still working just fine BTW.

I do have the switch box mounted adjacent to the battery. Are these switches heat sensitive? I imagine they're "sensitive" to everything at that price point... :( I can try mounting it elsewhere... it was just a convenient and relatively clean location. Probably just need to man up and buy a quality Warn product but I'm really just curious to know what might be killing these switch boxes. Thanks!! :beer:

jahjahwarrior

Be careful, my Amazon wireless winch switch turned itself on while I was out of town, winch sucked the rope through the hawse and spun until the battery died. Broke the solenoid mount, housing, hawse and new $80 rope.

I will never buy a cheap anything that is connected to a battery with power like that. Be safe.

WJCO

Meme King
Be careful, my Amazon wireless winch switch turned itself on while I was out of town, winch sucked the rope through the hawse and spun until the battery died. Broke the solenoid mount, housing, hawse and new $80 rope.

I will never buy a cheap anything that is connected to a battery with power like that. Be safe.

Welcome to wayalife.

sm31

You gave zero information about what equipment you actually have.

Well... since it's all basically identical... but FWIW, it's a Warn 8274.

Think I'll just chuck it in the trash, wire up a regular Warn controller, and call my @ss lucky. Mainly I'm just curious to know what might have gone wrong.

jeeeep

Hooked
Nothing like using jumper cables on my solenoid to get the winch to wind in... :rolleyes2:

I've been through a couple of those cheap Amazon wireless winch controllers now. I've certainly gotten what I paid for but this seems like such a simple device and I'm having a tough time diagnosing what went wrong. The remotes themselves are fine, as evidenced by the fact that on the first kit, the "retrieve" switch(?) went out and on the 2nd it was the opposite. The solenoid is still working just fine BTW.

I do have the switch box mounted adjacent to the battery. Are these switches heat sensitive? I imagine they're "sensitive" to everything at that price point... :( I can try mounting it elsewhere... it was just a convenient and relatively clean location. Probably just need to man up and buy a quality Warn product but I'm really just curious to know what might be killing these switch boxes. Thanks!! :beer:

did you have the hood open, hood closed and the switch box mounted next to the battery while the Jeep is running causes a lot of interference.

Even with the hood open, having the switch box close to the battery causes frequency interference.

Well... since it's all basically identical... but FWIW, it's a Warn 8274.

Think I'll just chuck it in the trash, wire up a regular Warn controller, and call my @ss lucky. Mainly I'm just curious to know what might have gone wrong.

You have any idea how many things Amazon carries, I know winches are all similar enough I’m asking about the controller which you just said “amazon” you didn’t say if it was a tie in box that uses original solenoid/ relay pack and just replaced the remote. If it completely replaced the solenoid and the remote as a full system, if it had a brand name, if it’s waterproof, etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom