Saving a 1978 J-10

mojave5

Haven’t posted here in a long time. I picked up a 1978 J-10 earlier this week that I’m pretty excited to rebuild. This beaut is a one owner, 93k miles, with 360 and 4sp manual. The original owner did a flatbed conversion on it in the 80’s, which I’m actually a fan of and love the wood.

She is needing some love, mostly in being cleaned up and everything gone through. Especially the engine, which does still run and drive, but is quite literally crying for help.

Looking for any input as to what to look for or what to do to her. [emoji4] Also will be keeping up to date on my Instagram also if you want to follow along @Howaboutno

List of things already on order.
-New windshield and gasket
-All door and window weather stripping
-All engine/transmission/transfer care gaskets and seals
-All new fluids
-Fuel filter assembly
-Hood bumpers
-Engine/trans mounts
-Metal protector and cleaning products [emoji28]
-Diff fluid/gaskets
-Synthetic line for the Warn 8274
-Warn fairlead and windshield banner
-LED headlights/tail lights/auxiliary lights

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Image.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Looking for any input as to what to look for or what to do to her. [emoji4] Also will be keeping up to date on my Instagram also if you want to follow app[/url]

Just keep posting it here. That's a beautiful Jeep. We don't need none of that Instagram bullshit.

mojave5

Not the best way to transport glass. Had to use what I had, was a pucker every dang bump! [emoji28][emoji28]

[emoji736]Windshield and gasket acquired

IMG_0504.jpg

pop2tu

Man that is a cool truck! But I see that a Mod removed your Instagram. But why does it look like you went back to your first post and edited it to add your Instagram back in? That is not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you’re here just to pimp yourself and you instagram and YouTube you won’t make it long. If you want to show a cool truck and what your doing without being a douche, then do that.

mojave5

Didn’t know sharing my Instagram was a bad thing, but apparently is, so I’ll leave that alone. Just figured people like myself would want more pictures of Jeeps in their feed. To each their own. 🤷

For the truck, looks like most parts are getting here this week. Plan is to do a lot of cleaning and start removing things.

Need to come up with something for the bench seat, maybe replace it with buckets and custom brackets. Or just get it reupholstered?

Last edited:

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Didn’t know sharing my Instagram was a bad thing, but apparently is, so I’ll leave that alone. Just figured people like myself would want more pictures of Jeeps in their feed. To each their own. [emoji1745]

For the truck, looks like most parts are getting here this week. Plan is to do a lot of cleaning and start removing things.

Need to come up with something for the bench seat, maybe replace it with buckets and custom brackets. Or just get it reupholstered?

I hear that a chevy s-10 pick up seat is a good swap for a j truck. Post up what you come up with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

That's a good looking project.

Looks like it won't take too much to get it into great condition.

I love the use of the Gladiator to haul it home👍

Top Bottom