The Tire/Rim Saga Continues

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Remember that tire story? Saga continues...

So, mid-June, place order for rims & tires from Tirerack. Get call saying, you know rims are bo'd, and we have tires? Yep, knew that, go ahead and ship tires. They're due to receive the rims around 10 July. No problemo, I've got plenty of other lift-related parts I'm waiting on.

Around 8/9 July, get a call saying, rims are not going to arrive until late-July. What do you want to do? Well, looking online, I see Quadratec has the rims (15) in stock. So, I cancel the order with Tirerack, place order for 5 with Quadratec.

Well, about two weeks go by, turns out Quadratec didn't 'really' have rims in stock. I'm now late July. They agree to cancel my order since they've not shipped yet. I immediately place order for the 4 Tirerack has in stock (and confirmed), BO'ing 1.

Tirerack's 4 are due to arrive this past Monday (Yeah!). About an hour later, I get an email from somewhere in bowels of Quadratec saying, yeah, sorry, we actually shipped the rims two days ago. They'll arrive, yup, Monday. Oh crap (boo).

Well, Quadratec was really good about it. Said they'll issue no-cost pickup and full refund (yeah!). They did show up on Monday, all 5.
Monday comes and goes. No Tirerack rims (boo). Tuesday, 2 of the 4 arrive (yeah). Opening the first box, it's damaged (boo). Figure I'll wait until the next the other two arrive before doing anything.

This morning, I get a notice from UPS the other two rims (and lug nuts, etc.) are in Jacksonville! It'll be Monday 10 AUG now before I (hope-to) see them (boo). So, here I am, 7 rims on hand from two vendors, 1 damaged, 3 pending, wondering what I'm actually going to do (grr).

To Tirerack's credit, they too have been absolutely great about all this. They canceled my backorder. Rerouted the two in transit back to them and will give me full refund upon receipt. Issued pickup (for tomorrow) of the damaged rim.

So, tomorrow I can actually, finally, go get 5 pieces of rubber wrapped around 5 rims, returning one rim to each vendor.
I'm tired. I just wanted someone to actually follow-through. When you say you have 15 in stock, I kinda expect I can actually see them inside 3-5 days, y'know? :)

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Remember that tire story? Saga continues...

So, mid-June, place order for rims & tires from Tirerack. Get call saying, you know rims are bo'd, and we have tires? Yep, knew that, go ahead and ship tires. They're due to receive the rims around 10 July. No problemo, I've got plenty of other lift-related parts I'm waiting on.

Around 8/9 July, get a call saying, rims are not going to arrive until late-July. What do you want to do? Well, looking online, I see Quadratec has the rims (15) in stock. So, I cancel the order with Tirerack, place order for 5 with Quadratec.

Well, about two weeks go by, turns out Quadratec didn't 'really' have rims in stock. I'm now late July. They agree to cancel my order since they've not shipped yet. I immediately place order for the 4 Tirerack has in stock (and confirmed), BO'ing 1.

Tirerack's 4 are due to arrive this past Monday (Yeah!). About an hour later, I get an email from somewhere in bowels of Quadratec saying, yeah, sorry, we actually shipped the rims two days ago. They'll arrive, yup, Monday. Oh crap (boo).

Well, Quadratec was really good about it. Said they'll issue no-cost pickup and full refund (yeah!). They did show up on Monday, all 5.
Monday comes and goes. No Tirerack rims (boo). Tuesday, 2 of the 4 arrive (yeah). Opening the first box, it's damaged (boo). Figure I'll wait until the next the other two arrive before doing anything.

This morning, I get a notice from UPS the other two rims (and lug nuts, etc.) are in Jacksonville! It'll be Monday 10 AUG now before I (hope-to) see them (boo). So, here I am, 7 rims on hand from two vendors, 1 damaged, 3 pending, wondering what I'm actually going to do (grr).

To Tirerack's credit, they too have been absolutely great about all this. They canceled my backorder. Rerouted the two in transit back to them and will give me full refund upon receipt. Issued pickup (for tomorrow) of the damaged rim.

So, tomorrow I can actually, finally, go get 5 pieces of rubber wrapped around 5 rims, returning one rim to each vendor.
I'm tired. I just wanted someone to actually follow-through. When you say you have 15 in stock, I kinda expect I can actually see them inside 3-5 days, y'know? :)

Went through the same shit with some Dana Spicer / Walker Evans reservoir shocks last month. Some vendors stated they had 2 fronts in-stock, some said they had the rears in-stock, All BS lies. Then I find them on the Walker Evans site, same shock but no Dana Spicer sticker for about $200 cheaper. So I start all over with yes we have them and more BS lies. So I canceled the whole plan and will go with what I wanted in the first place. EVO Bolt-on CO's :rock: Rant over.. Happy you finally got all your shit straightened out.:thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom