Adjustable ball joints JL

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Is anyone making adjustable ball joints for the JL? I see Synergy has them for JK, but I am not seeing them for JL.

Andy5160

Hooked
Is anyone making adjustable ball joints for the JL? I see Synergy has them for JK, but I am not seeing them for JL.

Synergy has them for the JL as well. Exodus Jeeps released an Installation video on the JL a few weeks ago. They are around $500 price point. Call Bubba he’ll hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I just emailed Synergy. I saw Exodus do a video on the adj ball joints, I thought it was a JL, but after going back and looking, I only see one for JK. Synergy is not showing JL adj bj's. If I do not hear from Synergy I will definitely reach out to Exodus.

I looked at Exodus' site. Shows not available until September. Today my left lower bj pulled out of the socket, and left upper came completely out of the spindle, which in turn broke the yoke u-joint. I want to replace both front axles while I have everything apart. Miraculously we were able to jack lower back into socket and then press upper back in while on sick incline on the trail. I was able to drive the hr and a half trip back home.

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks. I just emailed Synergy. I saw Exodus do a video on the adj ball joints, I thought it was a JL, but after going back and looking, I only see one for JK. Synergy is not showing JL adj bj's. If I do not hear from Synergy I will definitely reach out to Exodus.

I looked at Exodus' site. Shows not available until September. Today my left lower bj pulled out of the socket, and left upper came completely out of the spindle, which in turn broke the yoke u-joint. I want to replace both front axles while I have everything apart. Miraculously we were able to jack lower back into socket and then press upper back in while on sick incline on the trail. I was able to drive the hr and a half trip back home.

Damn that sucks. I would email Exodus regardless may be there is a set laying around they can ship your way

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Synergy is making them or should I say, will have them out soon. I got an early production set for testing but was told that they're still fine tuning them. I think September sounds about right.

Andy5160

Hooked
I see that Dynatrac finally made JL/JT ball joints but I believe they have a lead wait of at least 30 days but worth reaching out and ask. Spicer is offering supposedly upgraded “performance HD” ball joints as factory upgrade option.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I see that Dynatrac finally made JL/JT ball joints but I believe they have a lead wait of at least 30 days but worth reaching out and ask. Spicer is offering supposedly upgraded “performance HD” ball joints as factory upgrade option.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Yea...I saw that. The Dana one's are all metal and no plastic with grease fittings. I may have to go this route until adjustable's are readily available. I cant wait, the Jeep is unsafe to drive really until replaced.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea...I saw that. The Dana one's are all metal and no plastic with grease fittings. I may have to go this route until adjustable's are readily available. I cant wait, the Jeep is unsafe to drive really until replaced.

From what I've seen, the Spicer ones look like a quality product and what should have come on the JL and JT from the factory.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Here are a few pics of ball joint's failure. I am sorry I dont have more. Guys were videoing me trying to get up this ledge, but as usual, when a good vid moment happens, no one gets it.

IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3528.jpg
IMG_3527.jpg

This is the photo in driveway after I drove hr and a half home.
IMG_3526.jpg

And to Bubba at Exodus 4x4...I really appreciate you taking the time to call me back and talk. That means alot in today's rapid fire world. You have gained a loyal customer!:thumb:

Andy5160

Hooked
Here are a few pics of ball joint's failure. I am sorry I dont have more. Guys were videoing me trying to get up this ledge, but as usual, when a good vid moment happens, no one gets it.

View attachment 351754
View attachment 351755
View attachment 351757

This is the photo in driveway after I drove hr and a half home.
View attachment 351756

And to Bubba at Exodus 4x4...I really appreciate you taking the time to call me back and talk. That means alot in today's rapid fire world. You have gained a loyal customer!:thumb:

This is awesome that you got connected. Hope it works out[emoji106][emoji106]did you figure out what you’re going with ?

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I am still on the fence about the FAD. I like that parts are not moving when not in 4x4. Should pro long life of internal components. Until I see a serious con I will keep it.

To eliminate FAD, you get one piece axle.

Top Bottom