Hi Everyone from SoCal

Gampr

Hi Everyone!

My name is Emil, and after 6 years of riding a stock Rubicon, I caught the bug.

Thanks to all of you, I feel comfortable with the first round of mods I will be doing with the help of a shop here in Glendale. Will be getting the following this week:

- EVO 4” Enforcer Stage 2 lift kit with drag link flip
- Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
- 37” Milestar Patagonia tires on stock Rubicon wheels with synergy spacers
- Synergy front/rear trackbars
- Synergy tie rod
- Fox Steering Stabilizer
- JE Reel front/rear 1350 driveshafts

I’m not sure how long I can go with 4.10 gears, no c gussets, stock ball joints, and a spare tire relocation kit. Still trying to figure out the best order of mods for the second round and how soon they need to be done.

Looking forward to meeting you all and thank you for sharing all your knowledge and experience!

Emil

Attachments

• 3D32F4DA-6068-4F7D-B5F2-152A154039F9.jpeg
    3D32F4DA-6068-4F7D-B5F2-152A154039F9.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 099D58E5-2284-4A48-A34B-0A5BD6F4731D.jpeg
    099D58E5-2284-4A48-A34B-0A5BD6F4731D.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 79

fiend

Caught the Bug
Welcome. Nice set of mods. Start saving for a regear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Welcome from Detroit. Great build list, look into Nitto Ridge grapplers or Trail grapplers. Much better tires than the Patagonia’s

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

rubiDave

Welcome from the South Bay. [emoji112]
Ditto the comment about doing C gussets immediately. So easy to do that while they have everything apart to do the lift. Have them weld on the raised trackbar brackets while they're at it.. I'd do the c gussets and ball joints instead of new trackbars if money is an issue. Good luck on 37s with stock gearing. I'm running 35s on a 2 door with 4.10 and it really struggles on the highway sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gampr

Thanks so much for the advice! I really want to make everything safe as possible for now and work on the rest over time. Mostly doing easy and moderate wheeling for now. Just getting started really.

I’ll definitely do the c gussets and ball joints. Any brand other than the Dynatrac prosteer that will work great too?

I may need to suffer for at least 6 months without a regear. That’s another $1,650 for a kit with 4.88 including labor. Any brands in particular that stand out?

Also, probably go with the EVO tire carrier hinge, but wish I had the wrap around version.

Tires I may be able to swing too.

Thanks again everyone!!

bmkrinne

I went from 35’s to 37’s with 3.73 gears and hated it. I regeared to 4.88 based on local shop recommendations and was unimpressed. I couldn’t maintain 70 mph in 5th gear on the freeway with the top and doors off, So I regeared again to 5.13 and am very pleased.

Learn from my mistakes and go straight to 5.13 gears and don’t look back. The 3.6 pentastar is so much happier with 5.13’s.

Last edited:

Murfphy

Hey bro.
Hi Everyone!

My name is Emil, and after 6 years of riding a stock Rubicon, I caught the bug.

Thanks to all of you, I feel comfortable with the first round of mods I will be doing with the help of a shop here in Glendale. Will be getting the following this week:

- EVO 4” Enforcer Stage 2 lift kit with drag link flip
- Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
- 37” Milestar Patagonia tires on stock Rubicon wheels with synergy spacers
- Synergy front/rear trackbars
- Synergy tie rod
- Fox Steering Stabilizer
- JE Reel front/rear 1350 driveshafts

I’m not sure how long I can go with 4.10 gears, no c gussets, stock ball joints, and a spare tire relocation kit. Still trying to figure out the best order of mods for the second round and how soon they need to be done.

Looking forward to meeting you all and thank you for sharing all your knowledge and experience!

Emil
From San Francisco....wassup.

I would like to tell you to look into yeti gear. Their tierod in my opinion is much better than synergy.

I didnt like how synergy tierod rolls without the misalignment boots.

Yeti is much beefier. I didnt have good luck with synergy but check out yeti....or can I say that?

I work for the fire department not yeti. Just my noob experience so far.

Have fun my dude

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gampr

I went from 35’s to 37’s with 3.73 gears and hated it. I regeared to 4.88 based on local shop recommendations and was unimpressed. I couldn’t maintain 70 mph in 5th gear on the freeway with the top and doors off, So I regeared again to 5.13 and am very pleased.

Learn from my mistakes and go straight to 5.13 gears and don’t look back. The 3.6 pentastar is so much happier with 5.13’s.

I was thinking 4.88 because my shop recommended it and a few YouTube channels, but I’m definitely leaning towards 5.13 now.

Thanks for the advice!

Gampr

Hey bro. From San Francisco....wassup.

I would like to tell you to look into yeti gear. Their tierod in my opinion is much better than synergy.

I didnt like how synergy tierod rolls without the misalignment boots.

Yeti is much beefier. I didnt have good luck with synergy but check out yeti....or can I say that?

I work for the fire department not yeti. Just my noob experience so far.

Have fun my dude

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

What’s up brother! Thanks for the recommendation and sharing your experience. Definitely will look into yeti.

I feel like my shop just likes synergy for some reason. Maybe because it’s simpler to get lots of parts from the same manufacturer. He recommended synergy ball joints too but I had to pass based on all the reviews I’ve read here.

Top Bottom