Bent Core4x4 Tier 4 Control Arm

bmkrinne

So I bent my front lower passenger side control arm on Cliffhanger last week. The tire slipped off a rock while coming off one of the ledges and the entire weight of the Jeep landed on the control arm and rattled our fillings. No drivability issues but slightly bent.

I called Spence at Core4X4 today and sent pictures of the bent arm. He says I’m the first one to bend one of their Tier 4 control arms and can’t believe it. Of course I am...I have that kind of luck!

They are sending a new arm under warranty - “You break or bend it and they replace it”. Right on, Core4X4!!!!

IMG_0860.jpg IMG_0358.jpg IMG_0358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm shocked you were able to bend one of them. I've got em and they are super beefy! That musta been one heck of a hit!
So I bent my front lower passenger side control arm on Cliffhanger last week. The tire slipped off a rock while coming off one of the ledges and the entire weight of the Jeep landed on the control arm and rattled our fillings. No drivability issues but slightly bent.

I called Spence at Core4X4 today and sent pictures of the bent arm. He says I’m the first one to bend one of their Tier 4 control arms and can’t believe it. Of course I am...I have that kind of luck!

They are sending a new arm under warranty - “You break or bend it and they replace it”. Right on, Core4X4!!!!

View attachment 351758 View attachment 351759 View attachment 351760

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

I'm shocked you were able to bend one of them. I've got em and they are super beefy! That musta been one heck of a hit!

Yeah man, they’re pure beef and it was serious hit. I thought for sure we broke something. So glad I installed these control arms prior to the trip. The stock arms would have folded in half for sure!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
It's awesome that Spence is taking great care of you! I bought the full set of tier 4 CAs and their tier 4 track bars front and rear.
Yeah man, they’re pure beef and it was serious hit. I thought for sure we broke something. So glad I installed these control arms prior to the trip. The stock arms would have folded in half for sure!

MericaMade

Holy shit! Where about on the trail? I know we all took some good shots that day and maybe I got a photo of you doing it. Glad he's taking care of you.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

Holy shit! Where about on the trail? I know we all took some good shots that day and maybe I got a photo of you doing it. Glad he's taking care of you.

I can’t remember which obstacle but was on the way back out. One of the big ledges with rocks below it. I remember asking my uncle Carl if the front passenger tire was on the rock and he said yeah, I think so....about that time it slid off and wham! He said “Maybe not!” Haha!!!!

MericaMade

I can’t remember which obstacle but was on the way back out. One of the big ledges with rocks below it. I remember asking my uncle Carl if the front passenger tire was on the rock and he said yeah, I think so....about that time it slid off and wham! He said “Maybe not!” Haha!!!!

Lol poor Carl.

Last edited:

bmkrinne

It is nice to see Core standing behind their product. Been eyeing their arms for some time now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spence has been awesome from the first time I called prior to purchasing. I asked him to elaborate on their warranty and he said “Man, if you can break or bend our Tier 4 control arms, we’ll replace them no questions asked.” Turns out, he was serious!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Spence has been awesome from the first time I called prior to purchasing. I asked him to elaborate on their warranty and he said “Man, if you can break or bend our Tier 4 control arms, we’ll replace them no questions asked.” Turns out, he was serious!!!

They build a good product. I've only had to use customer service once and they reached out to me first. I guess they felt they hadn't shipped my arms fast enough and apologized and sent me a 10% off coupon and a free t-shirt. Personally I wasn't concerned about the shipping time at all. They seem like good people. I think your the first person I've heard of breaking/bending an arm. Glad to hear they're standing behind what they print on their website.

Andy5160

Hooked

The only down side if it can be called that is that they can’t be adjusted on the Jeep

WiscoHR

View attachment 351758 View attachment 351759 View attachment 351760

It’s great to see a company stand behind there word. I run their arms as well and can say they are strong as shit. It must have took a good drop on it to bend it.

Ddays

Hooked
I prefer it that way. Less threads to worry about. After my EVO's started clunking no matter how hard the pinch bolts were, I gave them away and moved to the Core.

I had to have extra pinch bolts added to my EVO arms. Not to mention they also get seized up on the East Coast coast easily. I believe they changed the design on the newer arms & went away from the
double nut but have never seen the new version...

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup I had so much anti-seize on the evo threads it was dripping out on hot days. I send a video of the rod ends clunking around to EVO and their answer was to just keep tightening the pinch bolts. I traded them for a case of IPA. It's actually just as easy to drop the core arm down, give the end a turn, and put it back using a ratchet strap on the axle to line up the bolt hole, then do the jam nut. I've been riding the fine balance of having as much caster as I can run yet avoid the highway buzz from the 1350 front driveshaft. Someday I'll get a pro-rock or 60's and fix that for good.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've been riding the fine balance of having as much caster as I can run yet avoid the highway buzz from the 1350 front driveshaft. Someday I'll get a pro-rock or 60's and fix that for good.

Definitely the best solution for that problem!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom