Nitto Mud Grapplers

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Hey Guys,

What are your experiences with the Mud Graps as far as performance, wear, durability etc? I know they howl and are noisy but that doesn’t matter to me as I pretty much only wheel with my rig now versus daily drive. Looking at the 40” size. Thanks in advance for any info!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sithwindu

They are the best tire I have run. Haven’t tried in snow or ice though. I have been thinking about getting them in 40’s as well.

I second this. I had them in 35’s and 37’s and freakin loved them. I switched to stt coopers for the sake of trying a new tire but boy do I miss the mud grapplers. Got me through whatever I pointed them at. And easily the best looking tire imo

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're okay with the noise, they really do hook up well on the rocks. They do great in deep snow and mud as well. Ice is a little slick but really, what mud terrain isn't. The shoulder lugs are amazing as well and you can totally crawl your way through obstacles on them alone. Crazy heavy in a 40 though.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
If you're okay with the noise, they really do hook up well on the rocks. They do great in deep snow and mud as well. Ice is a little slick but really, what mud terrain isn't. The shoulder lugs are amazing as well and you can totally crawl your way through obstacles on them alone. Crazy heavy in a 40 though.

Thanks Eddie! I think I will just turn up the tunes on my Moab trips! Sounds like they are awesome other than noise. Also heard they are pretty round and don’t need balancing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie! I think I will just turn up the tunes on my Moab trips! Sounds like they are awesome other than noise. Also heard they are pretty round and don’t need balancing.

Just like the 40" Trail Grapplers and 40" Toyo M/T, they're made in Japan and are very round. You should be able to get a good 40k or so out of a set.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I miss my mud grapplers cause of how well the did in all conditions. Was able to easily drive they 2’ of snow with them many years ago.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I’ve had Mud Grapplers in a 35 and 40 on two different JKs. I have 37” Trail Grapplers on my JT. I miss the Mud Grapplers because they are a better offroad tire. They are noisy but the on road manners were surprisingly good. Besides the noise I honestly don’t think my JT’s tires are any better on the roads. When I go to 40s on my JT it’ll be Mud Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Looking good, I take it you have a project for the weekend. At least it's nice and cool in AZ right now. Have fun and stay safe.

Shout out to you guys for super quick delivery and a good deal! Probably gonna wait a week or two to see if the furnace here in Arizona lowers down a little bit anyway

Ddays

Hooked
Shout out to you guys for super quick delivery and a good deal! Probably gonna wait a week or two to see if the furnace here in Arizona lowers down a little bit anyway

Put your wheels inside and let tires in the sun so they get all swole up - maybe go on the wheels easier? :idontknow:

Discount Tire

Thank you for the shout out. That was quick. :thumb:

No worries on the tires warming up when it's 110+ outside and in the garage.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Got the mud grapplers on and tested them Offroad last weekend. Really love the on road manners and were awesome Offroad. Running Highway to Hell in a couple weeks which will give them a good workout. They were the easiest tires to mount on beadlocks I have ever had. Also the road whine is actually a lot less than I was expecting. Pretty much like flying in a King Air turboprop. IMG_0358.jpg

Top Bottom