TSB 08-074-20....steering

DaveL

New TSB 08-003-21 check fo that number.

Edit: Had this done. New steering gear installed, and reflashed. the difference is incredible. Jeep used to wander. At highway speed it was white knuckle driving. Jeep is now the vehicle it should have been all along.

original post...

There's talk about steering feel and fix.

Work involves replacement of the steering box and re-flash. Hope this helps.

I looked here but didn't see any mention of this TSB.

TSB-01.jpg

TSB-02.jpg

TSB-03.jpg

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Who would have thought that a steel steering box would not flex and cause problems like an aluminum one will?

Apparently not the engineers at FCA 🙄

WJCO

Meme King
Who would have thought that a steel steering box would not flex and cause problems like an aluminum one will?

Apparently not the engineers at FCA 🙄

Gotta love all the fuckers that put all the pressure on them to save 1/100th of a fucking pound to appease AlGore and achieve the extra .99999999999999999999999999 mpg.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Gotta love all the fuckers that put all the pressure on them to save 1/100th of a fucking pound to appease AlGore and achieve the extra .99999999999999999999999999 mpg.

How bout it. Will only get worse. JL may be last model of wrangler solid front axle.

jeeeep

Hooked
Went to the dealer this morning and they won't do it based on their test drive and they replaced the steering stabilizer in 2019 when I complained about it the 2nd time.

luckily i had the TSB notice with me and pointed out the section :

"If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure."

Nothing about them doing a short test drive and them choosing no, I also had to ask for the service manager but the rep made a call and I'm scheduled in as soon as the part arrives.

Why do they make dealing with some of this shit such a hassle!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Went to the dealer this morning and they won't do it based on their test drive and they replaced the steering stabilizer in 2019 when I complained about it the 2nd time.

luckily i had the TSB notice with me and pointed out the section :

"If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure."

Nothing about them doing a short test drive and them choosing no, I also had to ask for the service manager but the rep made a call and I'm scheduled in as soon as the part arrives.

Why do they make dealing with some of this shit such a hassle!

A lot of service advisors don’t always ask the right questions and it’s frustrating on the techs aide of things. I deal with this at my dealer. Our repair orders are very non discript when written by our writers so we only have that to go off of. Then they don’t always ask the customer for more info on the issue. You can see where this becomes a slippery slope.

In the end I’m glad they are gonna fix it for you

WJCO

Meme King
A lot of service advisors don’t always ask the right questions and it’s frustrating on the techs aide of things. I deal with this at my dealer. Our repair orders are very non discript when written by our writers so we only have that to go off of. Then they don’t always ask the customer for more info on the issue. You can see where this becomes a slippery slope.

1) "Customer states steering concern. Diagnose."

2) "Customer states noise. Diagnose."

3) "Customer states AC issue. Diagnose."

DaveL

You're right.
We booked a service appointment. Took the T.S.B and gave it to them. They had Wrangler all day; did nothing. Said it was same as a Jeep they had in stock. Looking at dash cam video when we got home, they didn't test it right. Slow speed. Smooth city roads. Drove 6 minutes. Would have got more from the service appointment if they had driven it through a car wash and reported it was fine...
JeepCares helped; gave me phone number for Canadian Customer Care. Going to another dealer with a copy of the T.S.B in hand. Number for Canadian Customer Care is 1-800-465-2001

Not the tech's fault. Moving on, we'll get it fixed.

DaveL

Modified vehicles

Most of the owners who modified their Jeeps before this TSB came out are getting the new steering box installed. If that's refused they're moving on and going to other dealers for proper service. That's from reading many many posts on forums. So there's hope!

However, protocol is that Jeep Canada Customer Care requires dealer service manager to test, diagnose, and agree to change it out. CCC will not authorize the change. We have a new service appointment booked at a different dealer. Have a CCC Case Number. (that's FCA Canada Customer Care).

Our selling dealer closed a long time; bought out, and reopened. It's not a happy place there. But I'm happy that techs and others are working. Jobs matter.

Blame the management in the dealer for the system. It's not the writer's fault, or the tech's fault that we were poorly treated at the selling dealer. Moving on....getting it fixed.

Last edited:

ckor

Had the updated one installed today. $1,260. Like night and day with the steering feel. I’d say it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

DaveL

Still watching other forums/posts.

There are a lot of frustrated owners out there who have modified their Jeeps.
Some dealers are refusing to advance the order for the new steering box.

Remedy is to go to another dealer.

After all, one of the reasons Jeeps are so good is that they can be modified, made stronger, so they work better for the owners.

Some dealers understand.

The number of posts on the other forums is huge. The temperament of the posts has changed radically since the TSB came out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom