2.5” Adjustable Shocks vs B/O Coilover

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Im sure I know the answer to this already, but figured I’d ask anyway.

I’m currently sitting on 4” Evo plush rides, Fox shocks that are too short (used to be on 3”coils), Evo front long arms, and Stnergy rear short arms.

Looking at upgrading to air bumps all the way around and either custom valved 2.0/2.5 shocks w/ adjusters from Accutune or B/O coilovers.

Has anyone moved from an good shock w/ adjuster & air bump to a B/O coilover setup? It’s an almost 2.5k difference...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I just went to King 2.0 CO's this year and previously ran the King reservoir shocks.. Honestly, unless desert driving trophy truck style is in the cards I would stick with the 2.0's. After driven mine cross country to Moab & back I can honesty say I wish I'd done it sooner. Mine rides awesome - on and off the road. Absolutely zero complaints. I wasn't in any situation where the 2.5's could have been justified.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I just went to King 2.0 CO's this year and previously ran the King reservoir shocks.. Honestly, unless desert driving trophy truck style is in the cards I would stick with the 2.0's. After driven mine cross country to Moab & back I can honesty say I wish I'd done it sooner. Mine rides awesome - on and off the road. Absolutely zero complaints. I wasn't in any situation where the 2.5's could have been justified.

That much of a difference from the Evo spec king shocks, huh? I was hoping you’d say the opposite [emoji23]
Do you happen to run air bumps?

Ddays

Hooked
That much of a difference from the Evo spec king shocks, huh? I was hoping you’d say the opposite [emoji23]

No I didn't. I added those at thd same time as the CO's.

Don't get me wrong - the King shocks are awesome. Just that the CO's are awesomer.

Weebz

Caught the Bug

Don't get me wrong - the King shocks are awesome. Just that the CO's are awesomer.

I love when you use those technical terms like awesomer. Lmao.

wjtstudios

Hooked

I second everything Jerry said. The adjustable 2.5 shocks are great. The BO COs are a whole different level. Wish I would have put mine on years ago. And yes, run the King or Fix bumps with them if you want to go faster on the dirt and trails.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
He said he has long arms on the front and short arms on the rear right now. I would just add the rear arms before coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s the other factor to my debate with myself: Have a hard time doing anything without going long arm rear first, but my front shocks are ready to be rebuilt/replaced by something of the correct length...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The biggest reason I have been putting the rear long arms off is I would ultimately like to with a 4 link rear and ditch some of that JK wobble. Which also requires a gas tank relocation.

It’s not prerunner but I like to spend my fair share out in the desert and running chase for a 1900 class team.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest reason I have been putting the rear long arms off is I would ultimately like to with a 4 link rear and ditch some of that JK wobble. Which also requires a gas tank relocation.

It’s not prerunner but I like to spend my fair share out in the desert and running chase for a 1900 class team.

I still run a track bar on Moby and can't say that I've ever felt the need for a triangulated 4-link rear. Guess I don't drive fast enough in the desert. :idontknow:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I still run a track bar on Moby and can't say that I've ever felt the need for a triangulated 4-link rear. Guess I don't drive fast enough in the desert. :idontknow:

You definitely drive faster than my Jeep is capable of lol no doubt about that!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely drive faster than my Jeep is capable of lol no doubt about that!

LOL - well, if you really think that then I think you should consider running long arms in the rear even with a track bar. I think you'll find that they will help improve your ride.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

What is the “JK wobble”?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom