First time in Moab

I’ll be staying in Moab for a few days and exploring Arches NP and Canyonlands NP while I’m there. I’ve got a one(maybe two) days open to do trails. Right now I have Top of the World and Hell’s Revenge on the list of trails I’ve always wanted to do. I booked an Airbnb and was hoping to be able to store the hard top and doors there and wheeling, but with the forecast being near 100 I’m not too sure about that anymore.

Any favorite spots to check out while in town to eat? I’m not too sure how much time to set aside for each trail. If there’s time to do a 3rd or 4th that would be awesome.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll be staying in Moab for a few days and exploring Arches NP and Canyonlands NP while I’m there. I’ve got a one(maybe two) days open to do trails. Right now I have Top of the World and Hell’s Revenge on the list of trails I’ve always wanted to do. I booked an Airbnb and was hoping to be able to store the hard top and doors there and wheeling, but with the forecast being near 100 I’m not too sure about that anymore.

Any favorite spots to check out while in town to eat? I’m not too sure how much time to set aside for each trail. If there’s time to do a 3rd or 4th that would be awesome.

Hells Revenge is essentially in town and so you can do that with tons of time to spare. Top of the World takes a bit to get out to but not too bad and the trail is easy enough that you can do it and have a lot of time to spare as well. If you're gonna do Canyonlands, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do Elephant Hill. However, that's a drive to get to and will take all day. At least, you should spend all day there and do the hike to the confluence.

Places to eat? The Brewery for sure. Pasta Jay's is awesome as well. For breakfast, the Diner is popular but my favorite is the Jailhouse.

Ddays

Hooked
Zax's has really good pizza and Gloria's was good too. Spoke has really good burgers. Blu Pig was mixed in our group. I personally wouldn't go back there but others thought it was good.

Might want to look at Fins & Things - that's a fun trail as well as Poison Spider. :twocents:

wjtstudios

Hooked
If you hit top of the world and have some time left, hit the onion creek trail which is just before top of the world off 128. I did not get a chance to run it while we were out, but it’s an easy trail with beautiful views of the canyon that top of the world looks into.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Awesome, thanks for the quick replies guys. I briefly checked where Top of the World was and anticipated it being an all day run. I never checked where Hells Revenge is so that works great.

I’m not to sure of our plans while in the national parks, but I think we will be playing it by ear. Elephant Hill sounds like a great idea though

J&k_Overland

We ran fins and things and hells revenge on the same day. It’s convenient since they are so close to each other. Lots of fun I second Pasta Jays

MericaMade

What ever you do don't eat at the Blue Pig unless you want the worst food in town followed by the shit's

Hell's revenge is always fun and super close to town. Steelbender is a fun trail and close as well. For me Cliff Hanger was my favorite but gotta say Posion Spider was enjoyable to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

bmkrinne

In all honesty the trails depend on your Jeep. Your profile shows a stock setup. For that, Hells Revenge, Fins n Things and top of the world would work! Just don’t take the left fork up to top of the world, it’s where the 8 trail rating comes from with no bypasses! Stay right and you should be good, unless Jerry is leading and then you’re fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

In all honesty the trails depend on your Jeep. Your profile shows a stock setup. For that, Hells Revenge, Fins n Things and top of the world would work! Just don’t take the left fork up to top of the world, it’s where the 8 trail rating comes from with no bypasses! Stay right and you should be good, unless Jerry is leading and then you’re fucked.

Ahhhhhhhhh lol. Jerry is the man!!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

Next time we go back there I want to drive up the left side, there was some good climbs that we dropped down going back that way

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Next time we go back there I want to drive up the left side, there was some good climbs that we dropped down going back that way

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yep, the climb up the left side is fun. We found this guy in a huge pickup in a world of hurt, about to flip. Got him winched back a little and back up to the top so he could go down the other trail.

IMG_9928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh I haven’t updated my profile since I first signed up, lol. It’s decently built thanks to the info I’ve gotten from this forum. It’s currently on 37” STT Pros, 4” Evo lift with Fox 2.0s, front King air bumps, Synergy long arm rear, Evo arms in front, Evo bumper, sliders and armor+cage carrier, 4.88 gears, PSC XD2-R(no hydro yet), Fusion4x4 tie rod and drag link, rear 10Factory shafts, Evo chromoly cage, C-gussets and Dynatrac brakes, ball joints and diff covers.

Attachments

• 038782EB-1362-4F4F-A4B3-DBBEAB30865B.jpg
    038782EB-1362-4F4F-A4B3-DBBEAB30865B.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 47

Ddays

Hooked
Oh I haven’t updated my profile since I first signed up, lol. It’s decently built thanks to the info I’ve gotten from this forum. It’s currently on 37” STT Pros, 4” Evo lift with Fox 2.0s, front King air bumps, Synergy long arm rear, Evo arms in front, Evo bumper, sliders and armor+cage carrier, 4.88 gears, PSC XD2-R(no hydro yet), Fusion4x4 tie rod and drag link, rear 10Factory shafts, Evo chromoly cage, C-gussets and Dynatrac brakes, ball joints and diff covers.

Yup, you're all set. Pick any trail out there - you'll do fine :thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked

Oh yeah, you can have a lot of fun in that setup!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom