WTF is up with Amazon Lately?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've got Prime and I used to get Prime products in a day or two at most but lately, it's been taking 4 days or more! Also, Amazon will give me a delivery date but then on that day, I'll get a message saying how my package is "running a little late". As in, it's not coming as promised. Then, the following day, I'll get another message saying "We’re very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by tomorrow, you can come back here the next day for a refund." So now, my Prime order will take about a week to get and I can almost bet that it will in fact come in by tomorrow. Such bullshit! :naw:

Anyone else seeing really long delivery times with Amazon Prime lately?

WJCO

Meme King
We've noticed it since May. We assumed it was related to covid. Most (but not all) stuff has been delayed like you described.

wjtstudios

Hooked
We’ve seen delays here in the Detroit area as well.

I wonder if Amazon is using Covid to not have to expedite shipping to increase profit? [emoji848]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not just you Eddie, my packages have been the same way. I assumed it was just because of the stupid virus and more people than ever ordering stuff online

I don’t know about your area but here in GR they switched over to entirely Amazon logistics. No more usps or ups. And they don’t currently have the capacity to service this area alone so I’ve been getting the “running late” message a lot which according to friends that work at the warehouse normally means it’s on a van but they don’t have enough drivers so it’s sitting waiting for someone. Frustrating for me because the warehouse is 3 miles away and I would love to just go pick it up instead of wait on some of the more essential orders.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

desertrunner

Pretty much everything I have ordered in the past few months has had a delayed shipping notice and our Amazon prime stuff has been pretty consistent at 4 days instead of 2.
In a world where in store shopping pretty much screeched to a halt I don't envy any shipping logistics company right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, glad I'm not the only one but it sucks none the less! You would think that the whole point to showing when something will be delivered by is to help customers make informed decisions as to what to buy, how much it will cost and if it's worth paying more for something that will get to you faster. Of course, the whole point of paying for Prime was to get orders a LOT faster! So much for that. What really sucks is that there really are few places where you can anything anymore. If I could, I would totally buy from a different retailer or better yet, from a brick and mortar but for so many things, I'm literally at Amazon's mercy. Fuckin sucks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding shipping carriers, things coming by UPS or FedEx are still late but nowhere near as late as USPS.

Regarding shipping carriers, things coming by UPS or FedEx are still late but nowhere near as late as USPS.

That’s crazy. Opposite here, fedex comes like a week late regularly ups is always here when they say they’ll be here and usps had been early 🤣

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Okay, glad I'm not the only one but it sucks none the less! You would think that the whole point to showing when something will be delivered by is to help customers make informed decisions as to what to buy, how much it will cost and if it's worth paying more for something that will get to you faster. Of course, the whole point of paying for Prime was to get orders a LOT faster! So much for that. What really sucks is that there really are few places where you can anything anymore. If I could, I would totally buy from a different retailer or better yet, from a brick and mortar but for so many things, I'm literally at Amazon's mercy. Fuckin sucks.

Wuhan has literally turned world commerce upside down. UPS for instance increased home deliveries by I think the number was 43% in Q2. In a three month time period, the largest ground delivery company increased home deliveries by almost half. It honestly is amazing the supply chain has held up as well as it has. USPS has always been inconsistent in my experiences and who knows what sort of “man made” issues they may be suffering from being their status as a new political hot potato.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail Bud

Hooked
I’ve been battling Amazon for using USPS. USPS says Amazon is 2nd class mail. All 1st class mail has priority over Amazon. So Amazon sits on the floor until 1st class is gone.
Also USPS doesn’t have the room in the trucks so packages get left behind until the next day. The post office told me this. There’s nothing you can you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been battling Amazon for using USPS. USPS says Amazon is 2nd class mail. All 1st class mail has priority over Amazon. So Amazon sits on the floor until 1st class is gone.
Also USPS doesn’t have the room in the trucks so packages get left behind until the next day. The post office told me this. There’s nothing you can you.

Well fuck Amazon for falsely advertising when you will get what you buy. I mean, most of the time with Prime, their paid premium service, they even give you options as to when you'd like to receive it. You'd think that they could at least ACCURATELY state when you're "likely" to get your order. They're probably not doing anything illegal but it sure is shitty business practice if you ask me. Shame there aren't a whole lot of alternatives to some of the thing people need to buy. :naw:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Ever since I moved to Montana I’ve noticed it takes about a week to get anything lol I have prime but it automatically tells me that I won’t get it in 2 days [emoji23]

littlebeas

Well fuck Amazon for falsely advertising when you will get what you buy. I mean, most of the time with Prime, their paid premium service, they even give you options as to when you'd like to receive it. You'd think that they could at least ACCURATELY state when you're "likely" to get your order. They're probably not doing anything illegal but it sure is shitty business practice if you ask me. Shame there aren't a whole lot of alternatives to some of the thing people need to buy. :naw:

WalMart just announced a partnership with instacart, if there is anyone with pockets deep enough to give amazon something to think about it’s them. That being said, the supply chain for direct to consumer is strained well beyond breaking point. Even the supply chain for consumer goods to distributor is extremely stressed. I know some of my normal shipping lanes are up 60% in costs. Had to get pretty creative in routing my fleet to do backhauls to relieve that pressure so the warehouse can be stocked. It will level out, but I definitely agree amazon should be more transparent with actual shipping times.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ever since I moved to Montana I’ve noticed it takes about a week to get anything lol I have prime but it automatically tells me that I won’t get it in 2 days [emoji23]

Yeah, I think in your case it’s your own fault for finding a nice peaceful cabin out in the middle of some beautiful mountains. I think I need to learn that trick someday. [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Amazon and amazon prime has been shit for while and way too expensive.

I haven’t had anything shipped within the promised 2 days for a long time.

Top Bottom