Rausch Creek - Trail 11 Maybe Crawler Ridge Week of 8/31

Tank12

Hey all,

I am new to the Forum and the Jeep community. Had my rig for a little over a year now, 2015 JKU. I have put on what I think are the essentials to do a little light off-roading. I am going to be in Malvern and King of Prussia for work next week and wanted to see if anyone was going to be in the area Tues-Thurs at Rausch to run a little trail. Let me know thoughts and if anyone is interested in taking a newbie on their first trail to get a Badge and see what my Rig can do!

Thanks in advance!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to WAYALIFE. I’m busy this weekend otherwise I would be down.

Just a heads up, crawler ridge is a red trail so it’s one of the hardest in the park.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Welcome from Detroit.

What type and size tires and lift do you run? Do you have a winch? Crawler is a blast, but it can test your build.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the group. I’m also away this weekend but typically am down to wheel whenever. As others have mentioned, tell us a little about your build.

Ddays

Hooked
Middle of the week runs are usually tough to find guys to go with. WIsh I lived closer to the place. Limits the times I get to visit.

Tank12

2015 JKU, just starting out. 2.5" lift kit, new shocks and springs. Quick disconnect sway bars. Rock sliders and 3" front and rear tube.

Differently no Rock Crawler, not there yet.

Would love suggestions for next steps in my build. Track bar, steering stabilizer, new control arms. Is it lockers, i just don't know and i love it!!!

I'm looking to do trails maybe overlanding, not crazy rock crawling, this is still my daily driver. IMG_20200610_204525_852.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

Here’s a couple images from crawl daddy. I would strongly recommend lockers on that trail.

As far as your next mod, if you can swing it, I’d look at swapping your front axle with a prorock 44 with a locker and add a rear locker into your existing axle. That will add a huge advantage for you on the trail.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Where in Ohio are you from? You may want to try out Southngton Offroad park - it's a little West of Warren.

Topper142

Hey all,

I am new to the Forum and the Jeep community. Had my rig for a little over a year now, 2015 JKU. I have put on what I think are the essentials to do a little light off-roading. I am going to be in Malvern and King of Prussia for work next week and wanted to see if anyone was going to be in the area Tues-Thurs at Rausch to run a little trail. Let me know thoughts and if anyone is interested in taking a newbie on their first trail to get a Badge and see what my Rig can do!

Thanks in advance!!!

I might be able to do that. I've been to Rausch a few times, and I'd like to play with mine since I got the lift. I can't lock down the day just yet, but it would probably be Tuesday or Wednesday of that week, although I believe you'd have to call Rausch and make a reservation for a mid week ride. I would probably not be able to confirm until Monday.

I have a JLU Rubicon, 2 1/2 inch lift still on 33's and a winch.

Topper142

Well Tank12,

As usual, my plans are subject to change, and they just changed again. I have to work, so I won't be able to go.

Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Tank12

Thanks Topper,

I saw your posts back to back, so it wasn't too heart wrenching, lol.

All good maybe we will connect another time, I may be down Saturday the 11th if anyone wants to run that day !?!

Let me know

Sent from my SM-G970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom