Half Doors!

bhaner

I keep seeing everyone with these damn factory half doors...

Where TF do you guys find them? I have been looking for over a year and haven't found anything near me!

I thought I was gonna be cool and get those Bestop Core doors... Then I found out what they cost and I also hear they don't keep the weather out.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I kept a regular eye on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, OfferUp, and various Jeep forums. Finally a set came up locally at a price I thought was reasonable, particularly since they came with storage bags and were already wired with electric locks. I jumped on them. All in with painting and everything, they weren’t cheap. But here in SoCal I can run them all year round. I have no regrets.

I recently saw a set of four at about half the price I paid, although they didn’t have the extras mine have and they were in Texas. I told a buddy and he was on a plane the next day to get them. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bhaner

I recently saw a set of four at about half the price I paid, although they didn’t have the extras mine have and they were in Texas. I told a buddy and he was on a plane the next day to get them. [emoji23]

THAT is dedication! :clap2:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
While I love the look of the factory half doors there is no way I would get them. I already have dented doors from wheeling so I would rather have a molded door that flexes. Plus, the factory doors are way too much and still have too much weight.

bhaner

While I love the look of the factory half doors there is no way I would get them. I already have dented doors from wheeling so I would rather have a molded door that flexes. Plus, the factory doors are way too much and still have too much weight.

So like the core doors?

I feel the same way about my full doors. Always worried I am going to mess them up. Normally I just remove them once I get to Moab/Sand Hollow/etc. I would rather have something I can put a soft upper on and leave the full doors at home.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Actually they are remarkably light, at least compared to factory full doors. But yeah, you’d still want to go doorless if you’re wheeling in tight quarters.

The rugged ridge doors are another option. They’re plastic, paintable, and look pretty decent. I was close to going that route, but knew I’d eventually regret not going OEM.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So like the core doors?

I feel the same way about my full doors. Always worried I am going to mess them up. Normally I just remove them once I get to Moab/Sand Hollow/etc. I would rather have something I can put a soft upper on and leave the full doors at home.

The ones I plan on purchasing this coming year are strike force zebra half doors. Apparently they just finished their rear uppers and will be excepting preorders soon.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
FB market place is where I found mine. I just looked religiously and found them. Definitely not cheap but way lighter than full doors. Given the option I’d run without doors still but being able to just carry uppers for a full door effect, remove for open air or take off completely if needed was way worth it to me vs hauling around my trail tube doors like I was. With having my kids with me often I like having some form of door.

RyanHanley

I found my fronts on Facebook market place and then the rears I ordered from quadratec. They’re out there and in my opinion the best half door. I had rugged ridge and well yeah that was short lived they’re a summer door in my opinion not a all weather door. But that’s my 2 cents Adjustments.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I had found mine on CL and had to have them painted. they were the first thing I had bought for my Jeep.

IMG_4365.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
I like the factory half doors...just loaded the jeep for a Dusy Ershim run

Attachments

• D7447E5E-FC5A-454A-92A8-AC732AB1C36B.jpg
    D7447E5E-FC5A-454A-92A8-AC732AB1C36B.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 103

bhaner

Hey you stay on your side of the Mississippi! I call dibs on the half doors on this side!

LMAO! I will even offer up a case of monsters for a set of black market east coast half doors... :D

Maybe two cases if they are red...

Top Bottom