help!! need suggestions for my 2012 jeep wrangler

clbeaver

hello..need some suggestions please..in the past 3 months my car has been running hot, so recently ive spent $1700 replacing parts that obviously were not the issue bc its still running hot. ive recently had a new radiator, new thermostat, new water pump, new fan and they backflushed the heater core and still running hot..they ran some kind of test on the block and said it looked good. ive had it to 2 different mechanics shops both are stumped and havent been able to figure it out. i guess my next step is to take it to the jeep dealer but wanted to see if any of you have suggestions of what to try? thank you for reading!

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
How hot does it run? Do you have a winch in front of the radiator or the grill screens things blocking air flow? Anything else that may be interfering with air flow through your radiator?

clbeaver

hello..need some suggestions please..in the past 3 months my car has been running hot, so recently ive spent $1700 replacing parts that obviously were not the issue bc its still running hot. ive recently had a new radiator, new thermostat, new water pump, new fan and they backflushed the heater core and still running hot..they ran some kind of test on the block and said it looked good. ive had it to 2 different mechanics shops both are stumped and havent been able to figure it out. i guess my next step is to take it to the jeep dealer but wanted to see if any of you have suggestions of what to try? thank you for reading!

it runs hot when im driving around town..and not sure if this matters but when it starts running hot i generally just turn the heater on to cool off the motor but the heater is only blowing cold air when its over heating. i mentioned to them but i dont think they were too concerned about it

WJCO

Meme King
it runs hot when im driving around town..and not sure if this matters but when it starts running hot i generally just turn the heater on to cool off the motor but the heater is only blowing cold air when its over heating. i mentioned to them but i dont think they were too concerned about it

Sounds like a water pump issue to me.

clbeaver

no no winch and nothing blocking..it just happened all of a sudden and its gradually gotten worse

Primo82

Caught the Bug
i generally just turn the heater on to cool off the motor but the heater is only blowing cold air when its over heating

This makes me think your coolant system has a clog. If your engines hot, and you switch on the heater, it should most definitely be hot. It should also help disperse some of the heat. If it's blowing cold air then the hot coolant isn't making it to your heater core.

Per WJCO's comment, i would lean towards pump also but if you just replace it... I'm assuming these are belt driven pumps right? Haven't changed mine so not 100% sure how it's powered...

WJCO

Meme King
i just had a new water pump put on though

I missed that you had just done that. Any chance your A/C condenser is plugged with mud and debris? It sits right in front of the radiator. That still doesn't explain why your heater isn't blowing hot though. Cooling fan working ok?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just a thought, remove your radiator cap when the system is cool and confirm that your mechanic didn’t add a non compatible coolant. If you see a bunch of gelled up goo, well....

Is it ACTUALLY hot or does the gauge just say it’s hit. What degree is it running.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

G-mansjk

If you stop calling your JEEP a car the running temp will go down at least 15 degrees haha!!!! Sorry I had to. Try throwing a temp gun on it while it's at temp to see if the coolant temp sensor is off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

webfootGP

You probably already have done this, but you never mentioned. Old radiator hoses will become soft and collapse while driving and this acts like a clog and will cause overheating. With all the work you have done I suspect you have changed the hoses, but thought I would bring it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom