JT Steering Box TSB

DaveL

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/60357-TSB-08-074-20-steering

Check out the TSB if your JT wanders.

There's a new steering box; it's a replacement for the aluminum box in your JT and the JL.

The TSB is in my post.

Edit: Had this done. New steering gear installed, and reflashed. the difference is incredible. Jeep used to wander. At highway speed it was white knuckle driving. Jeep is now the vehicle it should have been all along.

Last edited:

DaveL

2021 Gladiator Steering

The 2021 Gladiator reportedly has the brand new cast iron steering box.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I had 2 old and then the upgraded box on my JL. Its such a dramatic difference its incredible. I just got a 2021 Gladiator and it had the new box already. If you have a 19 or 20 get it done you'll be stunned! I picked up the JL from the dealer took it on the highway and did 80 with my hands off the wheel for a long while. That was impossible with the old steering box.

DaveL

I had 2 old and then the upgraded box on my JL. Its such a dramatic difference its incredible. I just got a 2021 Gladiator and it had the new box already. If you have a 19 or 20 get it done you'll be stunned! I picked up the JL from the dealer took it on the highway and did 80 with my hands off the wheel for a long while. That was impossible with the old steering box.

Yes sir!
It's the way it should have been all along.

Now mine is right it's time to think about upgrades.

DMF

I got mine done last week and honestly don't even feel the difference. My old steering box wasn't bad at all. They just had some in stock when I took my Jeep to the dealer so I. had them do it hoping it will make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

I got mine done last week and honestly don't even feel the difference. My old steering box wasn't bad at all. They just had some in stock when I took my Jeep to the dealer so I. had them do it hoping it will make a big difference.

The dealer here says they can’t get them yet, dealerships piss me off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

Are the 4 bolts in your wheel well that hold the steering box on black or silver? The upgraded box gets upgraded bolts and they switched the color from silver to black.

DMF

I definitely have the black bolts in mine and can see the new gearbox. I honestly didn't have a problem with the steering to begin with. I brought it up and they insisted to change it out for me. I think the dealership is pretty slow in this area.

Lojo

Picked mine up today after replacement. 120% improvement very noticeable. I can drive down the highway and it tracks straight! No more play or sloppy steering/wandering. I definitely recommend if yours is eligible. It only took my dealer 4 days to get the part! I got lucky!!

DaveL

Picked mine up today after replacement. 120% improvement very noticeable. I can drive down the highway and it tracks straight! No more play or sloppy steering/wandering. I definitely recommend if yours is eligible. It only took my dealer 4 days to get the part! I got lucky!!

Excellent.

Glad I posted here to tell you all.

Dave

Top Bottom