Removing front track bar bolts

Lugnuts

Replacing the front track bar bolts with 9/16 bigger bolts got the passengers side in but can’t get the drivers side in..got the nut off and hit it with a hammer but only can get it to move 1/8..any tips on how to get it out..

WJCO

Meme King
Replacing the front track bar bolts with 9/16 bigger bolts got the passengers side in but can’t get the drivers side in..got the nut off and hit it with a hammer but only can get it to move 1/8..any tips on how to get it out..

You can't get the driver's side bolt out?

JKbrick

Jack the frame up really slowly maybe it’s in a bind

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Like the guys said. It’s probably in a bind. Before you remove it, use two ratchet straps in a X pattern to keep the axle centered. Then jack up the frame a bit to take the load off the bolt. If it’s that hard coming out, it will be that difficult going back in unless you strap it in place.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Like the guys said. It’s probably in a bind. Before you remove it, use two ratchet straps in a X pattern to keep the axle centered. Then jack up the frame a bit to take the load off the bolt. If it’s that hard coming out, it will be that difficult going back in unless you strap it in place.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
This..........

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lugnuts

Thanks..Yes got the passengers side in but cannot get the drivers side in..would taking the sway bar links help to try and bounce it a little?.. don’t want to mess up the bolt by smacking it then end up having to cut it..

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks..Yes got the passengers side in but cannot get the drivers side in..would taking the sway bar links help to try and bounce it a little?.. don’t want to mess up the bolt by smacking it then end up having to cut it..

Use the ratchet straps to pull it back in place.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug

Use a ratchet strap to align the holes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bmkrinne

Have someone push the Jeep sideways to get the bolt hole lined up. Works every time? No ratchet straps needed with this method!

Lugnuts

Have someone push the Jeep sideways to get the bolt hole lined up. Works every time? No ratchet straps needed with this method!

Thanks I will give that a try when I get some more time before I start cutting things.. is it alright to drive with the stock bolt in and a bigger 9/16 bolt in the passengers side?.. it’s a 2013 just wanted to put better grade 8 bolts in..

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks I will give that a try when I get some more time before I start cutting things.. is it alright to drive with the stock bolt in and a bigger 9/16 bolt in the passengers side?.. it’s a 2013 just wanted to put better grade 8 bolts in..

You'll be fine driving with one standard bolt and one metric bolt. And the factory metric bolts are grade 10.9 and are just as strong as aftermarket grade 8 ones anyways.

Last edited:

bmkrinne

Hey, just remembered the stock bolts have full threads so you can use your ratchet or impact to screw it all the way out. Over time the track bar bracket holes become egg shaped and the threads on the stock bolts groove the ID of the track bar bushing causing binding when disassembling. I had to screw mine out when I replaced them.

Once out make sure the slightly larger 9/16” bolt fits both TB bushing and bracket holes, then have someone push sideways to align the holes while you assemble.

Top Bottom